Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2014, 09:17 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,808,494 times

Advertisements

One cannot simply put economics aside as it has everything do with economics.

Who is going to help educate these illegal children, who is going to feed them? Who is going to give them health care ; the average legal working person that is. I have seen it with my own eyes, the amount of hand outs that these illegals get. I have seen USA citizens put on the back burner with aid in school because the illegal children know how to scam the system. I have seen illegal people driving, uninsured and having crashes ; who pays for the damage ; thats right, again the legal person.

it affects every single one of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2014, 12:27 AM

3,155 posts, read 2,705,167 times
Off topic much?

Entry without inspection is not a criminal violation, but a civil one. Same goes for visa overstays. If you actually knew the law you are so up in arms about, you would be equating illegals to speeders, not bank robbers.

Back on topic. I'm a legal immigrant, I love the USA, I agree with the limited amnesty Obama granted illegals, and I'm not upset in the slightest. I disagree with all the chicken littles who think the sky is falling, because I've been living among a huge population of illegals for a very long time, and society in my neck of the woods is doing just fine.

I do hope that congress passes a law so that my many many illegal neighbors can come out of the shadows, but I think that they should not be able to vote or hold public office. They should create a non convertible green card that cannot ever be converted to citizenship.

Old 12-08-2014, 01:16 AM

1,608 posts, read 1,486,316 times
It doesn't make sense....

Americans hop down to Mexico for holidays and getaways.

And Mexicans hop up to America to... get away from it all!

Crazy world.

Think about it!

Mahrie.
P.S. You'd have to desperate to want to move to America nowadays anyway - unless we're talking Hawai'i - then all bets are off!

Old 12-08-2014, 02:59 AM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
Off topic much?

Entry without inspection is not a criminal violation, but a civil one. Same goes for visa overstays. If you actually knew the law you are so up in arms about, you would be equating illegals to speeders, not bank robbers.

Back on topic. I'm a legal immigrant, I love the USA, I agree with the limited amnesty Obama granted illegals, and I'm not upset in the slightest. I disagree with all the chicken littles who think the sky is falling, because I've been living among a huge population of illegals for a very long time, and society in my neck of the woods is doing just fine.

I do hope that congress passes a law so that my many many illegal neighbors can come out of the shadows, but I think that they should not be able to vote or hold public office. They should create a non convertible green card that cannot ever be converted to citizenship.

So, why did you bother to come here legally? Why didn't you do what the illegals do? After all, you bend over backwards to defend their lawlessness.

You are oblivious if you think "society in [your] neck of the woods is doing just fine" if you have a large population of illegals.

Old 12-08-2014, 05:00 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,772,227 times
Like all of us nobody is verifying what anyone is stating is the truth and your post can be true or not.

Honestly I have a hard time believing your post just as I have seen many political posts that were just made to back up the POTUS and as we all have heard by now unless you don't follow the news that some pro backers just as negative backers will just post to say what their side wants to bring across.

It is similar to the review posts that mostly are correct and than you have paid posters who just write reviews on behalf of the company...JMO!

You lost me when you were saying it all fine and not costing society anything and you live amongst them...

I also have a hard time believing it is a civil case and not criminal but I'm not a lawyer and you can be right ...or wrong since isn't wintering without legal papers a criminal issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
Off topic much?

Old 12-08-2014, 08:00 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,729,597 times
I'm a legal immigrant and I'm not bothered. But then I've carefully read as much as possible about the amnesty program from the source and haven't relied on the (vast amount of) "information" being bandied around by those who either can't be bothered to research the details or don't comprehend the little of it they've actually read.

Old 12-08-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I'm a legal immigrant and I'm not bothered. But then I've carefully read as much as possible about the amnesty program from the source and haven't relied on the (vast amount of) "information" being bandied around by those who either can't be bothered to research the details or don't comprehend the little of it they've actually read.
Which "amnesty program" are you talking about? Obama's latest dictatorial order or the nightmare of the so-called "immigration reform" bill?

Both of them are very bad for the country. And, yes, I know what they are all about.

So, why did you bother to come here legally? After all, you could have come here illegally and who knows? You could have gotten amnesty with the right sob story

Old 12-08-2014, 04:34 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,729,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

So, why did you bother to come here legally? After all, you could have come here illegally and who knows? You could have gotten amnesty with the right sob story
Were you really interested in how I came to emigrate to the US then I'd be happy to tell you. However, that seems not only off topic but rather pointless given the apparently combative response to my opinion.

PS: Didn't your mum ever tell you that if you roll your eyes too much they'll get stuck?

Old 12-08-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Were you really interested in how I came to emigrate to the US then I'd be happy to tell you. However, that seems not only off topic but rather pointless given the apparently combative response to my opinion.

PS: Didn't your mum ever tell you that if you roll your eyes too much they'll get stuck?

Well...the only one I see being "combative" is you.

Simple question. If you support illegal aliens, then why did you come here legally? No one is asking you for the details on your application, just wondering why you would support illegal immigration and any form of amnesty for said illegals?

It's not off-topic when you consider the title of this thread.

Old 12-08-2014, 10:46 PM

447 posts, read 322,310 times
Did the local Indians get bothered when the invaders from EU entered this land several hundred years ago?

Did everyone in May Flower have a visa issued by the native Indian tribes?

And what happened to those Indians? Well, I know nothing about American history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration