Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 06:23 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,610,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planned293 View Post
Which country might that be?
And getting a green card through investment requires a minimum of $500k (not including other fees and expenses) so you need to do some research before posting a fake and/or I'll informed comment on a public forum.
You are the one who needs to do some research. Privilege is the sum of all those things you don't even notice. The fact that education is valued, and cheap, that food, housing and medical care and a basic living is guaranteed, allowing even the poorest to access that education. Then there's the employability of a person who doesn't even realise why they're so confident (because everyone always assumes the best of you).

Typical American thinking that life comes down to ready cash and nothing else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 10:32 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,479,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by izannimda View Post
Build that wall. Build it wide and tall. TRUMP 2016
Heh... that'll be a good way to sink billions and billions of dollars into an infrastructure that'll cost more to build and maintain then get any meaningful returns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU8dCYocuyI

Old 05-24-2016, 12:28 PM

1,400 posts, read 767,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
If I had jumped through all the necessary hoops to become a citizen, it would make me angry to see others who were here illegally be given amnesty. It makes me angry as a natural born citizen. Do you think it's fair?
Well, the operative word is illegal.

Old 05-29-2016, 05:32 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
Heh... that'll be a good way to sink billions and billions of dollars into an infrastructure that'll cost more to build and maintain then get any meaningful returns
Whatever the cost, it will be well worth it, considering how many billions illegals cost us on an annual basis. Besides, not everybody who is sneaking across the border is coming to work. Many are coming to do us harm.

Old 05-29-2016, 08:41 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,479,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Whatever the cost, it will be well worth it, considering how many billions illegals cost us on an annual basis. Besides, not everybody who is sneaking across the border is coming to work. Many are coming to do us harm.
A $25 billion wall, whose maintenance cost would exceed that in 7 years? Mexicans are the least of our problems if we're pissing away that much money.

Old 06-03-2016, 01:40 PM

1,274 posts, read 979,714 times
Quote:
A $25 billion wall, whose maintenance cost would exceed that in 7 years? Mexicans are the least of our problems if we're pissing away that much money.
Where are those numbers coming from? They seem quite high...

Anyway, it would be hilarious if, to build this wall, you need to hire "illegals" because otherwise, the cost would be prohibitive.

Old 06-09-2016, 03:41 PM

347 posts, read 446,364 times
Who does our immigration laws apply to. Does it only apply to middle class and above.

Old 08-07-2016, 07:54 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,718,910 times
Quote:
Have you ever see the Mexican South Wall that the US helped paid for?

Old 08-07-2016, 08:55 PM

671 posts, read 854,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
If I had jumped through all the necessary hoops to become a citizen, it would make me angry to see others who were here illegally be given amnesty. It makes me angry as a natural born citizen. Do you think it's fair?
Well, it depends. If you immigrated from Copenhagen with your family as an adult to become a University professor, I don't think that you should have any animosity toward someone who came to the USA illegally to escape poverty/violence/starvation/natural disaster/abuse/political torture, etc.

Most of the people who complain about illegal immigrants would do the same thing if they went through what some people around the world go through every day.

Old 08-07-2016, 08:57 PM

671 posts, read 854,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Many? What is your definition for "many?"

Really?

Most of the illegal immigrants that I know of are Europeans who come to the USA to work and provide a living for their families back home. I also know several South Americans and Mexicans who escaped poverty and have built good respectable lives in the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration