Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 08:20 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,615,835 times

Advertisements

I would expect someone who came here to study to have enough respect for this country to at least speak/read/write proper English!!!

That is not a special requirement; it is the same requirement if you're renewing your permanent resident status too; they want to know if you're interested in living here and paying taxes, so you're not getting any special treatment there.

I am also "glad"<sarcasm, to see that you think it's OK to wrack up $15k in debt here and then disappear in your part of the world as if nothing happened! I see the "entitlement" epidemic has reached GLOBAL status now where we're no longer abused by our own citizens, but by foreigners too! "YAY"!!!!

There is no "useful" solution here! You can't hop around the world, and expect that "America" will just welcome you back with open arms! Go back to your own country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 06:37 PM

27,215 posts, read 46,772,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
A $15K debt, unemployed and living with relatives might be to your disadvantage and subject you to special scrutiny. I personally wouldn't think you'd be a "shoo-in" for naturalization but either you consult an immigration attorney or just complete the application (you can do so online) and see what happens.
With the amount of debt and this not being subject to free council I don't think the OP has money for a lawyer

IMO the OP has overstayed the time frame and has a lot of explaining and proof to show in order to be approved and even subject of losing a green card since having a green card means you have to be in compliance.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:45 PM

11 posts, read 10,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
I would expect someone who came here to study to have enough respect for this country to at least speak/read/write proper English!!!

That is not a special requirement; it is the same requirement if you're renewing your permanent resident status too; they want to know if you're interested in living here and paying taxes, so you're not getting any special treatment there.

I am also "glad"<sarcasm, to see that you think it's OK to wrack up $15k in debt here and then disappear in your part of the world as if nothing happened! I see the "entitlement" epidemic has reached GLOBAL status now where we're no longer abused by our own citizens, but by foreigners too! "YAY"!!!!

There is no "useful" solution here! You can't hop around the world, and expect that "America" will just welcome you back with open arms! Go back to your own country.
I didnt say it is ok to wrack up $15k in debt here and then disappear. If I dont have income to pay for it, please tell me how to solve this. Btw a 15k loss in the stock option is like less than 2 weeks with less experience because of you american's on Wall Street care for no one but money. I f you don't believe me, you are really stupid. And you are right, actually I have no interest to stay in this country what so ever. Next time if you want to judge someone, see if you have been through the same matter and hard ships other minority group has been through. Then start to speak which ever you like. And Thanks for your reply!!

Old 12-04-2014, 03:57 PM

11 posts, read 10,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
"Good riddance" is one of a billion idioms in English, that make it an impossible language to learn. It means "I am glad you are leaving."

There's at least a chance USCIS will overlook your long absence. It is most likely to come up at your interview, and the interviewers/reviewers are not always the most competent individuals. They are empowered to make a judgment about it on the spot, so you might get lucky. Take along a sworn and notarized statement from the relatives you were living with before and after your "vacation" attesting that you were maintaining your residence in the United States. Take along evidence you've been a productive member of society and established significant ties to the country here over the last 6 years.

Go see an immigration lawyer to find out what else you can do, and what your chances are of a successful interview.

Here's what you need to do to get a free consult:
1. Call several local immigration attorneys.
2. Explain your situation.
3. Ask for a free consult to determine if you are going to retain them to help you through the interview.

You'll get some free advice and a better idea of how likely you are to have a successful interview. Call at least 2 or 3 lawyers, because some will be honest and others will just give you the worst-case scenario, trying to get you to hire them.

Be prepared to hire a lawyer if the majority consensus is that you are in trouble. Nobody here on this forum has the expertise to answer your question with certainty.
Hi:
Thanks for the useful infos. Most Lawyers I went to see won't get into any details unless pay for the entire service. And what is a "sworn and notarized statement"? Does it mean if a word doc statement with signature won't be useful? Thanks !

Old 12-05-2014, 03:46 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,729,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlesli View Post
And you are right, actually I have no interest to stay in this country what so ever.
Then what's the issue? Move back to your country of citizenship.

Old 12-05-2014, 12:35 PM

564 posts, read 747,803 times
I think this guy might have some mental issues.

Old 12-05-2014, 12:44 PM

24,601 posts, read 10,921,225 times
As far as your get rich fast scheme is concerned - it did not work. As they say her "stay on the porch if you cannot play with the big dogs". It does not take a college degree to figure out that you cannot gamble with money you cannot afford to loose.

Especially immigrants know about the requirements to keep their status legal. What keeps you from filing your back taxes? Whose address are you using for your drivers license?

There is no reason for not finding a job. Probably not c level management That is part of what I find fascinating about this country - you can reinvent yourself. But it takes effort. There are few handouts.

Most immigrants I know, especially those from unusual cultures, support each other. So I dare to say that there is more to the story.

Looking at your English and verbiage here it would be interesting to know where you went to college and what you graduated in.

As entrepreneur you should understand that attorneys are businessmen. On the other hand you mentioned that you have no desire to live in the US. So speculation and advise seems to be a mute point. Good luck in your home country. Without income how will you pay for airfare?

Old 12-05-2014, 01:13 PM

123 posts, read 278,468 times
All,

The interview process is long and very detailed. The person requesting information here will not be granted citizenship. It's just not that easy! Eventually the green card will be revoked. The USCIS may move very slowly. But they will easily see through this application.

Old 12-06-2014, 08:49 AM

27,215 posts, read 46,772,227 times
I'm kind of appalled with some things I'm readin that the OP is stating. It is like he blames Americans for his loses and claims not having known is a defense to get what he needs.

We all went through things in our life that we didn't know until after the fact but that means it is a defense.

Many E2 visa holders wish they had known upfront what they know now and many would not have come here and not provided jobs to Americans if they had known their kids weren't able to get a visa and had to leave at the age of 21 while illegals now get a chance to stay if they lived here for over 5 years...many E2 kids have lived here for over 10 years legally and can't stay and it is heartbreaking to hear their stories and witnesses the issues that come with that.

Can anyone blame anyone else for that...heck yes since now Obama gives a path for illegals who were here for over 5 years but legal aliens kids on E2 visas have to go back to a country they didn't really know and hardly ever spend time in and they were here legally!

That is unfair and unreal for many to deal with.

But to blame wall street for your wrong investment and leaving the country for 8 months without checking if that was okay wit your status is on you. In all papers prior to getting a green card it is clearly explained what it is to get a green card and what is expected.

Not reading it is no defense like not knowing the laws of driving on a road and getting pulled over for speeding and not having the sign...no defense. If you take part of the system than you need to be familiar with the rules/law.

Old 12-07-2014, 05:38 AM

1,699 posts, read 2,434,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlesli View Post
and good luck to all you immigrants who think you are having such better life here.
Whaa hhaaa.. showing your true colors buddy..... I am sure live is fantastic wherever you are now....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration