Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 10:35 PM

7 posts, read 5,228 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the replies everyone. I've lost the webpage & had to google my question again to find it. I've an inner ear infection after a spill at the beach, so that's my excuse.

& Threestep, I've googled the **** out of "VISA applications, US, Oz, etc.", I've even bothered the consulate, but they always refer me to their website. I thought I'd ask the simple question online as to how others have found the process.

It does seem to me that there is a preference for non whites. It does seem very odd that that's the response I'm finding online & in other forums. Very strange.

I'm not university educated. I'm a tradesman in the construction/rope access/rescue industry. Ran my own business for ten years, I'm 33 now, so I have few contacts in the international areas of the industry. & now I'm looking to enter into the administration side of the rescue side of the rope access/rescue industry. Not a great amount of money involved in that, I'm afraid.

It's become a rather frustrating pursuit. Seems to me that I'm just not what the US wants. Bugger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 10:51 AM

130,339 posts, read 12,112,869 times
If your trade is an obscure one, maybe you could get a job in that trade here, & have the employer sponsor you. Or marry an American ( jk ) I think it was Kennedy who reversed the trend of White immigration & skewered it to third world. Pretty dumb (imo). Best wishes anyhow.

Old 04-05-2017, 04:43 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,307,837 times
Isn't Austrailia like a great 1st workd country/ continent?
Just wondering why the interest in the US which a crazy place to be right now with all of our illegal immigration issues and overall madenss in out major cities.

Old 04-12-2017, 12:16 AM

7 posts, read 5,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Isn't Austrailia like a great 1st workd country/ continent?
Just wondering why the interest in the US which a crazy place to be right now with all of our illegal immigration issues and overall madenss in out major cities.
We too have our issues with immigration, Islamic no go zones, Sahria & political correctness gone mad. The looney liberal left have introduced RADICAL programs in our schools where boys & girls are encouraged to cross dress & "auditing" of even "male & female coloured lunch boxes" is normal nowadays...

(No Cookies | Herald Sun)...

It isn't how I choose to live. Australia WILL eventually fall to a lower standard of living if the current trend continues, & there is nothing in place to try & stop it. I want a piece of the Ameican dream. What's left of it anyway.

I'm trying to apply for sponsoring in the industry, but all almost ask that you are in the US already.

Who wants to sponsor me as a dishwasher? I'll pay YOU! Lol. Ah desperate times!!!

Old 04-12-2017, 10:16 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,354,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobFromOz View Post
We too have our issues with immigration, Islamic no go zones, Sahria & political correctness gone mad. The looney liberal left have introduced RADICAL programs in our schools where boys & girls are encouraged to cross dress & "auditing" of even "male & female coloured lunch boxes" is normal nowadays...

(No Cookies | Herald Sun)...

It isn't how I choose to live. Australia WILL eventually fall to a lower standard of living if the current trend continues, & there is nothing in place to try & stop it. I want a piece of the Ameican dream. What's left of it anyway.

I'm trying to apply for sponsoring in the industry, but all almost ask that you are in the US already.

Who wants to sponsor me as a dishwasher? I'll pay YOU! Lol. Ah desperate times!!!

and you think the US is not as liberal??? you can't go around just being frank and straightforward about the littlest of things as you might offend a LGTQ/a vegan/an intersectional vegan/a BLM advocate/illegal alien advocate/religious freedom advocate etc or you'd get bullied for not being politically correct or "educated"

in short, the US is in the same direction as the australia you have described

Old 04-13-2017, 07:31 AM

30 posts, read 37,229 times
Where do people even come up with this racial nonsense?

The difficulty of getting a visa has NOTHING to do with him being 'white' as much as a victim you want to make him to be.

As I mentioned, there are 2 broad visa categories to come to US. The L1 requires him to be in a multinational with US presence for a year, in Aus, and then transfer into US. I'm sure they would not discriminate him because he's "white"

The second method is the H1B. It's too late for this year. However, the way it works is the selection is based on a lottery. So the chance of a 'white' person getting it is the same as anyone, if equal number of white and non-white people APPLIED. However, majority of the applications come from non-white countries therefore the final selection via a lottery simply reflects the ratio of applications among countries. What that also means is a greater number of non-white people also get denied in the lottery, so does that suddenly make the lottery system fair to 'whites'?! it doesn't. It has nothing to do with their race.

So, OP, just so you know, It has nothing to do with anyone being white, yellow or pink. There are many scandinavians, germans, russians, english, australians, spanish etc. working on this visa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
exactly. It is extremely hard to get a visa, if you are white. Third world countries seem to have more visas. If yiou are highly educated you may be able to get a visa, Why do you want to come here anyhow? Lots of Europeans who can't immigrate to USA now immigrate to Australia for a better life.

One other visa possibility that I did not see mentioned, was if you had a Grandparent who was a citizen & if the parent of applicant was born in a certain time frame, they may be able to apply.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:37 AM

30 posts, read 37,229 times
Rob,

Please see my previous post (not directed at you).The visa isn't preferential against whites, but the mathematics behind the applications makes it look that way.

Another interesting tidbit to add - for e.g. if similarly qualified applicants from Australia and India apply, and they are exactly the same in every way in competency, position, salary etc. the Australian can get a green card in about a year (going from H1-B). It would take the Indian about 10 years. The only thing that's different is where they came from - that's it. Now would we call that discrimination against non-whites? Not really, it's because of the math behind the processes.

Quote:
Thanks for the replies everyone. I've lost the webpage & had to google my question again to find it. I've an inner ear infection after a spill at the beach, so that's my excuse.

& Threestep, I've googled the **** out of "VISA applications, US, Oz, etc.", I've even bothered the consulate, but they always refer me to their website. I thought I'd ask the simple question online as to how others have found the process.

It does seem to me that there is a preference for non whites. It does seem very odd that that's the response I'm finding online & in other forums. Very strange.

I'm not university educated. I'm a tradesman in the construction/rope access/rescue industry. Ran my own business for ten years, I'm 33 now, so I have few contacts in the international areas of the industry. & now I'm looking to enter into the administration side of the rescue side of the rope access/rescue industry. Not a great amount of money involved in that, I'm afraid.

It's become a rather frustrating pursuit. Seems to me that I'm just not what the US wants. Bugger.

Old 04-14-2017, 04:19 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,817,497 times
Quote:
So...in Australia you own your own business, you can vote, you can legally reside there, and I'm guessing you have family and friends there. In America you have none of that. If you're not able to do well in Australia, America isn't going to suddenly become the land of dreams for you, especially since you don't have a University education and the employment you're interested in you've already said doesn't pay well.

Stay where you are and work on improving your life there. Also, if you get a University education in Australia, that would make it a lot easier to move to the US.

Old 04-15-2017, 11:45 AM

20 posts, read 32,297 times
Kick all Indians out of Australia.

Old 04-16-2017, 06:08 PM

130,339 posts, read 12,112,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r.cerberus View Post
Where do people even come up with this racial nonsense?

The difficulty of getting a visa has NOTHING to do with him being 'white' as much as a victim you want to make him to be.

As I mentioned, there are 2 broad visa categories to come to US. The L1 requires him to be in a multinational with US presence for a year, in Aus, and then transfer into US. I'm sure they would not discriminate him because he's "white"

The second method is the H1B. It's too late for this year. However, the way it works is the selection is based on a lottery. So the chance of a 'white' person getting it is the same as anyone, if equal number of white and non-white people APPLIED. However, majority of the applications come from non-white countries therefore the final selection via a lottery simply reflects the ratio of applications among countries. What that also means is a greater number of non-white people also get denied in the lottery, so does that suddenly make the lottery system fair to 'whites'?! it doesn't. It has nothing to do with their race.

So, OP, just so you know, It has nothing to do with anyone being white, yellow or pink. There are many scandinavians, germans, russians, english, australians, spanish etc. working on this visa.
This is where I get it from, historical facts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigr...ty_Act_of_1965

From the wiki article:
"The Hart–Celler Act of 1965 marked a radical break from the immigration policies of the past. Previous laws restricted immigration from Asia and Africa, and gave preference to northern and western Europeans over southern and eastern Europeans.[2] In the 1960s, the United States faced both foeign and domestic pressures to change its nation-based formula, which was regarded as a system that discriminated based on an individual’s place of birth. Abroad, former military allies and new independent nations aimed to delegitimize discriminatory /
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration