Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 02:22 AM

7 posts, read 5,218 times

Advertisements

Again, I've only just gotten the chance to hope back on the forum. I work quite a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitBanana View Post
So...in Australia you own your own business, you can vote, you can legally reside there, and I'm guessing you have family and friends there. In America you have none of that. If you're not able to do well in Australia, America isn't going to suddenly become the land of dreams for you, especially since you don't have a University education and the employment you're interested in you've already said doesn't pay well.

Stay where you are and work on improving your life there. Also, if you get a University education in Australia, that would make it a lot easier to move to the US.
I find it ironic that you mention that "American isn't going to suddenly become the land of your dreams..." When millions of uneducated migrants come to America to suckle at the already dry tit, as it is "the land of their dreams". Is American only the land of dreams to the uneducated? Will it only provide for those that choose not to provide for themselves? Well, I don't at all intend to come to America to "suckle." I haven't suckled here, & I don't intend to suckle anywhere.

I earn at least AU$100,000 a year, I am university educated, but I earn that $100,000 via my own two hands as a tradesman. I am straight white male; with all the "privileges" that then entails. I have no family ties, except for a younger brother who I hope not to leave behind before he enlists in the Army. I have a very old dog, two dead children, a girlfriend & an ex wife who hates my guts. I have zero debt, no financial obligations & absolutely nothing stopping me from leaving here tomorrow & starting again anywhere else. Basically, I'm pretty fortunate & I consider myself very lucky to have been born in & live in Australia. I'm choosing to forgo all of that & wash dishes for a piece of the American Dream. You might laugh at that. But that's why you're not me. We all have our own desires, & America is mine.

I've encountered the entitled/self loathing American types before, in Europe & here in Oz, who speak so poorly of their fellow Americans & America in general, that I've come to understand that many Americans themselves fail to see the freedom that America represents to the entire world.

I'm not going to get into that all now. But America simply IS the last great nation on this planet! It has its flaws, but it's people are the greatest I have ever met. & I want in!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 10:06 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,799,414 times
That's cool. I hope you succeed.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:29 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,033,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobFromOz View Post
Again, I've only just gotten the chance to hope back on the forum. I work quite a lot.

I find it ironic that you mention that "American isn't going to suddenly become the land of your dreams..." When millions of uneducated migrants come to America to suckle at the already dry tit, as it is "the land of their dreams". Is American only the land of dreams to the uneducated? Will it only provide for those that choose not to provide for themselves? Well, I don't at all intend to come to America to "suckle." I haven't suckled here, & I don't intend to suckle anywhere.

I earn at least AU$100,000 a year, I am university educated, but I earn that $100,000 via my own two hands as a tradesman. I am straight white male; with all the "privileges" that then entails. I have no family ties, except for a younger brother who I hope not to leave behind before he enlists in the Army. I have a very old dog, two dead children, a girlfriend & an ex wife who hates my guts. I have zero debt, no financial obligations & absolutely nothing stopping me from leaving here tomorrow & starting again anywhere else. Basically, I'm pretty fortunate & I consider myself very lucky to have been born in & live in Australia. I'm choosing to forgo all of that & wash dishes for a piece of the American Dream. You might laugh at that. But that's why you're not me. We all have our own desires, & America is mine.

I've encountered the entitled/self loathing American types before, in Europe & here in Oz, who speak so poorly of their fellow Americans & America in general, that I've come to understand that many Americans themselves fail to see the freedom that America represents to the entire world.

I'm not going to get into that all now. But America simply IS the last great nation on this planet! It has its flaws, but it's people are the greatest I have ever met. & I want in!
Did you research about E-3 Visa and see whehter your occupation qualifies as a specialty occupation?

H1B Occupations - H1B Visa - H1B Jobs - Work in America - H1 Base - H1Base - USA Work Permit - Green Card - H1 Visa - US Work Visa - Immigration USA - H1B - H1-B - H-1B - Live in the USA - Job in USA - USA VISA - Work in USA

What trade you do?? Canada also may be a better bet and faster .

Old 04-17-2017, 02:12 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,815,856 times
Quote:
I earn at least AU$100,000 a year, I am university educated, but I earn that $100,000 via my own two hands as a tradesman. I am straight white male; with all the "privileges" that then entails.
You're full of it. Either now, or a few days ago when you posted this:

Quote:
I'm not university educated. I'm a tradesman in the construction/rope access/rescue industry. Ran my own business for ten years, I'm 33 now, so I have few contacts in the international areas of the industry. & now I'm looking to enter into the administration side of the rescue side of the rope access/rescue industry. Not a great amount of money involved in that, I'm afraid.
If you're able to make $100,000 per year, then stay in Australia where you'll be able to continue making that, and where you're a citizen with all the rights of a citizen. If you want to come to the US, then you've already done your research - and people on here have helped you out - and you know how to go about it. If you have contacts in your industry, then try to use them to get employment with a US company who would sponsor you for a Visa.

But frankly, it's a little odd to me that you're willing to become a dishwasher making hardly any money per hour when you're apparently making $100,000 a year in Australia.

Old 04-17-2017, 07:44 PM

30 posts, read 37,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r.cerberus View Post
Where do people even come up with this racial nonsense?

The difficulty of getting a visa has NOTHING to do with him being 'white' as much as a victim you want to make him to be.

As I mentioned, there are 2 broad visa categories to come to US. The L1 requires him to be in a multinational with US presence for a year, in Aus, and then transfer into US. I'm sure they would not discriminate him because he's "white"

The second method is the H1B. It's too late for this year. However, the way it works is the selection is based on a lottery. So the chance of a 'white' person getting it is the same as anyone, if equal number of white and non-white people APPLIED. However, majority of the applications come from non-white countries therefore the final selection via a lottery simply reflects the ratio of applications among countries. What that also means is a greater number of non-white people also get denied in the lottery, so does that suddenly make the lottery system fair to 'whites'?! it doesn't. It has nothing to do with their race.

So, OP, just so you know, It has nothing to do with anyone being white, yellow or pink. There are many scandinavians, germans, russians, english, australians, spanish etc. working on this visa.

After reading OPs responses I'm Wondering why I even bothered to reply.

Old 04-17-2017, 07:59 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,353,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitBanana View Post
You're full of it. Either now, or a few days ago when you posted this:

If you're able to make $100,000 per year, then stay in Australia where you'll be able to continue making that, and where you're a citizen with all the rights of a citizen. If you want to come to the US, then you've already done your research - and people on here have helped you out - and you know how to go about it. If you have contacts in your industry, then try to use them to get employment with a US company who would sponsor you for a Visa.

But frankly, it's a little odd to me that you're willing to become a dishwasher making hardly any money per hour when you're apparently making $100,000 a year in Australia.

was about to ask him that. like really? any middle class, single american with no dependents would love to be able to earn that much--and only to squander away that lap of luxury in exchange for some idea of an "american dream" of dishwashing? maybe he should apply for a seasonal h2b visa, work in the agriculture/hotel hospitality industry and see for himself what an "american" dream looks like. seems like he's not too keen on losing that much money just to live in america. i guess when you're sitting on that much money without that much outlet for dependents, then you get bored and want to explore the less greener side of life

Old 04-17-2017, 10:33 PM

130,072 posts, read 12,078,224 times
Quote:

we don't need any more racists. Many immigrants do come to work, & claim no benefits.

If you were actually making one hundred thousand a year, why would you want to come & wash pots.??

Old 04-18-2017, 01:08 AM

20 posts, read 32,281 times
Ignore him, he is an idiot. Seems like a liar too with zero credibility.

Old 04-18-2017, 09:33 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,799,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planner293 View Post
Ignore him, he is an idiot. Seems like a liar too with zero credibility.
No, thank you. We can decide for ourselves.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:10 AM

5,466 posts, read 3,062,035 times
Quote:
I'm trying to apply for sponsoring in the industry, but all almost ask that you are in the US already.

Who wants to sponsor me as a dishwasher? I'll pay YOU! Lol. Ah desperate times!!!
I brought a friend here from the UK for a fishing trip, then I ripped his return ticket up when he arrived.
He worked construction for 20yrs, died last yr in Florida.
Get a clue eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration