Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2017, 12:55 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,630,692 times

Advertisements

Feel free to move this to the Canada board if it is a better fit there.

Last month I submitted my application for Canadian permanent residency. I'm poor, but I do make the minimum amount they want in two accounts: my mutual fund and bank account. This month has been expensive, but I've been saving from the two jobs I work. Anyway, I submitted the application and I am waiting to hear back. I wasn't going to apply for jobs until I was approved because I still need a medical exam. I have been too nervous to apply for jobs without the proper documents.

I do have plans B, C, D, E, F if Canada doesn't work out. On Friday night, mom stated her company in Toronto is hiring for a customer service position. This is the type of job I work in the States (though more call center, mom's company is not a call center, it's in the construction industry), so she wants me to apply. She is willing to talk to the people in Toronto to help me out. I told her I wasn't sure if I was allowed to take that job as an American without the proper paperwork. Actually, I didn't say that... I just told her I was waiting for permanent residency. I didn't share my doubts with her and I didn't share the other plans with her as well.

Would I be allowed to apply for those types of jobs? Would those types of jobs count in my application? If I did get that job since I submitted the application, how would I even submit that proof?

Last edited by jessxwrites89; 06-25-2017 at 01:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2017, 01:33 PM

24,656 posts, read 11,001,272 times
What skills category is your application based on?

Old 06-25-2017, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
What skills category is your application based on?
Experience Class. I have professional experience. I don't need a job for a visa, but I do have to prove I have the funds without a job.

Old 06-26-2017, 06:09 AM

24,656 posts, read 11,001,272 times
What is keeping you from applying besides that mother might be able to keep an eye on you?

Old 06-26-2017, 10:55 AM

I hate my rep job in the US. I don't want to spend the rest of my life as a rep.

I work part time in a library now and have for the past 11 years. I would prefer a library job or something in the writing field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration