Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 09:37 AM

27 posts, read 90,477 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know when trick or treating is in Hellertown? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 09:47 AM

248 posts, read 798,027 times
sunday, Oct 26th 4-6.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:55 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,135,397 times
Trick Or Treating is an outdated event that should be discontinued in all communities. It is not healthy for the kids to be eating all that candy, it's not safe visiting stranger's homes, and it is also an invasion of privacy to those who wish not to be bothered. In addition it is a financial strain for people to buy bags of candy for these little rugrats. bah Humbug! Not just in Hellertown but all over. I will not be having kids anytime soon but maybe 5-7 years down the line when I do, no child of mine is going to be involved in this baloney!

Old 09-28-2008, 11:21 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
I like trick or treat night. I only buy candy that I like so we can eat the leftovers. I try to also have a bag of almond joys that I give to the Mom's or Dad's. For the young ones I offer small bags of pretzels or boxes of raisins. If they don't wear a costume they have to sing a song. I don't count wearing their football or soccer outfit as an outfit.... Our house is on a slight hill and the houses are spaced pretty far apart so we don't have a lot of kids that live outside the neighborhood visiting. I just keep my eyes open for the sales before Halloween and get my candy then.

Around here you just turn out your lights when you run out of candy and no one bothers you. I can see why this would be a problem in town where one could get many more children.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:26 PM

i dont give out candy to anyone who doesnt have on a costume - AND they HAVE to say trick or treat.

like the pp said. around where we live you are only allowed to go to the homew whose porch lights are lit. not lit - cant go.

sorry to hear you children wont have the fun of dressing up silly for a night tho! that is really the fun part

Old 10-21-2008, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 4,984 times
gawd, what wet blankets!
foot-long pixie sticks for ALL!!!

Old 10-21-2008, 02:36 PM

LOL when you get inundated with 17 year old boys wearing jeans and tee shirts you GOTTA make em do SOMETHIN'

Old 10-31-2010, 04:37 PM

1 posts, read 3,132 times
Default you should be a shame of yourself!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
Trick Or Treating is an outdated event that should be discontinued in all communities. It is not healthy for the kids to be eating all that candy, it's not safe visiting stranger's homes, and it is also an invasion of privacy to those who wish not to be bothered. In addition it is a financial strain for people to buy bags of candy for these little rug rats. bah Humbug! Not just in Heller town but all over. I will not be having kids anytime soon but maybe 5-7 years down the line when I do, no child of mine is going to be involved in this baloney!
First of all, children are not rug rats, they are angel and gifts from god. I doubt that one day you will have children, one because God don't make rug rats and when you do have your RUG RATS they will be miserable kids because with a parent like you who needs enemies. Halloween is for those who wants to spend there money to make kids happy and if you don't want to join them, then don't, is not your money that is being spend and if you don't want to give out candy, just don't turn on your porch lights and they won't bother knocking on your door. I'll pray for you so that your heart grows and not be miserable like Mr. Scrooge. Look at the movie and get a clue, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Old 10-31-2010, 06:41 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,936,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tina.o. View Post
gawd, what wet blankets!
foot-long pixie sticks for ALL!!!
My neighbors always have those big plastic pixie sticks, my kids adore them!!

Old 10-27-2011, 09:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,372 times
Default Smh

OOkkk I just made this account cause I had to respond to this!!! How dare you referrence children as being rugrats! Its not even being said in a joking non harmful manner!!! They are innocent and as pure as anything could be! This holiday is ment for the kids not for you or me...and I do take my "RUGRATS" trick or treating and I also hand out candy!! LOTS of it and its up to their parents how much they can have not for me to decide!! I love seeing little people walking around with their cute costumes and make up all excited and happy and glowing over something soo simple!! Its sad someone would wanna take away something like that from the kids..its not like this takes place every week soo if you dont like bringin joy to children I guess keep your lights off and hide in your room..oo and every county and state Ive ever lived in had the porch light rule I highly doubt they would wanna come to your house to disturb you and violate your personal area....I will pray for you and your future children now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley