Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2010, 07:17 AM

2 posts, read 18,603 times

Advertisements

i got a promotion at my job and will be transferring from central nj to Allentown in about 3 weeks or so. what is the best town for a 30 yr old single guy?i love Latina women and i know there are a lot in the area so thats a plus .. looking to pay about $700-750 a month for rent.. my first choice would be a loft, followed by a 1br apt. a balcony or patio would be nice but not a necessity i have no children, but i do have an african grey parrot.. i live in an apt now and i havent had a complaint about the bird being to loud or anything like that.. i do have a car, so parking would be a plus.. as far as what type of area im looking for; id just like an area where i wont get shot at or have to worry about my car being stolen lmao.. it doesnt have to be a party town, but at least have some stuff going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 02:16 AM

783 posts, read 2,021,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocefus View Post
i got a promotion at my job and will be transferring from central nj to Allentown in about 3 weeks or so. what is the best town for a 30 yr old single guy?i love Latina women and i know there are a lot in the area so thats a plus .. looking to pay about $700-750 a month for rent.. my first choice would be a loft, followed by a 1br apt. a balcony or patio would be nice but not a necessity i have no children, but i do have an african grey parrot.. i live in an apt now and i havent had a complaint about the bird being to loud or anything like that.. i do have a car, so parking would be a plus.. as far as what type of area im looking for; id just like an area where i wont get shot at or have to worry about my car being stolen lmao.. it doesnt have to be a party town, but at least have some stuff going on.

There is very, very little going on in LV for a young, single guy. There are a few places to go, like Starters in downtown Bethlehem. That's a cool restaurant/sports bar. There are a few dive country bars that attract the hillbilly/biker types. As far as Latinas go...I dunno, man. People are probably going to be upset that I say this, but I've seen a lot of them around Allentown and 99% of them were pure trash. Not saying all of them were because I haven't met them all, but most of the hispanics live in the city of Allentown and are GHETTO! Most are poor, trashy, fat, and probably have 3 kids by the time they're 19. Not really high quality. Allentown is certainly not South Florida. Now, if you can find a classy hispanic chick from Emmaus, Macugnie, Whitehall, etc. then go for it. I haven't see many though. Also, I suggest you watch your back when you mess around with the hispanic chicks. If you find a good looking one and flirt with her, she might have a bf that's in a gang. Hispanic gangs are a huge problem in Allentown, so be on your guard. You don't want to mess with the wrong people.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:20 AM

1,213 posts, read 3,111,576 times
Love2Golf09 hit the nail on the head. I haven't encountered many "professional/classy" latinas in the area, which is a shame.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:49 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,519,625 times
No matter what you are looking for regarding your love life, I would suggest living in Bethlehem as opposed to Allentown. The South side, closer to Lehigh U might suit. Musikfest is going on right now and it's a fun time to visit the area if you don't mind crowds.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:37 AM

2 posts, read 18,603 times
Thank you all for the heads up.. my kidneys and i thank you

over the weekend i went looking at a few places in bethlehem ( 2 close to the community college, i think it was called northampton comm college, and another was near st lukes).. saw a few other spots in coplay, fountain hill & catasaqua.. out of all the areas i saw, bethlehem is by far at the top of my list.. i just have to check out a few places in northampton, emmaus & meyersville before i make my decision.. out of my 3 choices that are left, are there any that i should not bother looking at?

toobusytoday - ty for the musikfest idea. unfortunately i never got a chance to check it out.. are there a lot of festivals and stuff like that happening in allentown often? i love music festivals and just summer festivals/fairs in general

Old 08-09-2010, 10:20 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,519,625 times
Bethlehem is THE place for festivals. They have Celtic Classic in the fall http://www.celticfest.org/and then Chriskindlemart Christkindlmarkt Bethlehem 2008 - The Christmas City's Holiday Marketplace - www.ChristmasCity.org/CKM in the winter. There are also two colleges right in Bethlehem so there are also activities associated with them.

I would avoid Fountain Hill, Coplay and Catasaqua. The first for safety, the latter two for liveliness.

I would recommend Emmaus. My older kids (age 25 and 23) both have friends that have places in Emmaus - it's the new affordable town for twenty-something's that can't afford Bethlehem but don't want to live with their folks.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:40 PM

334 posts, read 731,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
Bethlehem is THE place for festivals. They have Celtic Classic in the fall http://www.celticfest.org/and (broken link) then Chriskindlemart Christkindlmarkt Bethlehem 2008 - The Christmas City's Holiday Marketplace - www.ChristmasCity.org/CKM (http://www.christmascity.org/ckm/2008.asp - broken link) in the winter. There are also two colleges right in Bethlehem so there are also activities associated with them.

I would avoid Fountain Hill, Coplay and Catasaqua. The first for safety, the latter two for liveliness.

I would recommend Emmaus. My older kids (age 25 and 23) both have friends that have places in Emmaus - it's the new affordable town for twenty-something's that can't afford Bethlehem but don't want to live with their folks.
I'm from New Jersey (12 miles outside of Manhattan) but have relatives that own homes in the newer developments in Macungie. Nice area, but I'm bored to tears when I go to visit (and I'm in my mid 30's so I've slowed down quite a bit since my 20's). My wife wanted to buy in that area of Pennsyltucky and had to talk me down off of the ledge. Great place if you are going to just go home and watch TV after work, but no night life in that region to speak of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley