Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 07:54 PM

90 posts, read 382,091 times

Advertisements

I have researched both towns and like what I read on the internet. They are small town of 5thous + or less. This I like. I am presently living in a very small area in eastern Tennessee. However I am orginally from the Myrtle Beach area of South Carolina. I am not interested in being in a high traffic area.
Safe areas are my main concern. Reasonable housing (buying) is also an issue due to being a one income family.
If anyone now anything about these areas please let me hear from you.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2006, 03:07 PM

203 posts, read 1,258,014 times
Never heard of it. What is it near???

--turbo

Old 11-13-2006, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboredcart View Post
Never heard of it. What is it near???

--turbo
Between Allentown and Stroudsburg. Pa

Old 01-03-2007, 08:35 PM

8 posts, read 50,632 times
My friend lives in Pen argyl and the town is very very old..but very very affordable. She bought a house that was built in the 1800 3 bedrooms 1 bath for 98,000..rent for a apt with 2 bedrooms goes for about 750.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenibear View Post
My friend lives in Pen argyl and the town is very very old..but very very affordable. She bought a house that was built in the 1800 3 bedrooms 1 bath for 98,000..rent for a apt with 2 bedrooms goes for about 750.
Thanks for your reply. I was in Bangor this past week and loved the area. I did not get to go to PenARgyl. I drove over to Roseto and also loved it. I guess it is because I love OLD houses.
Thanks again,

Old 01-17-2007, 12:58 PM

1 posts, read 5,158 times
I live in Pen Argyl. While not what you'd call one of the most expensive areas to live in, housing costs are rising quikly in the Pen Argyl/Bangor area due to developments being built for alot of the people from the city moving in.
As far as safety goes, There isn't a whole lot of violent crime in Pen Argyl, mostly just vandalism.

Old 01-24-2007, 06:09 AM

5 posts, read 25,823 times
Bangor is increasingly popular therefore house costs are rising.. house prices in this area pa have risen 40-60 % in last 5 years. its desireable b/c of the proximity for commute to NY and NJ . But the area is very nice, people like the schools.. email if youd like more info..

Old 01-28-2007, 01:24 PM

13 posts, read 57,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki_kurai View Post
I live in Pen Argyl. While not what you'd call one of the most expensive areas to live in, housing costs are rising quikly in the Pen Argyl/Bangor area due to developments being built for alot of the people from the city moving in.
As far as safety goes, There isn't a whole lot of violent crime in Pen Argyl, mostly just vandalism.
Some other tidbits of info to consider is the GCS Landfill in Pen Argyl that sits right on the edge of town. there are many, many Trailer loads of trash coming from the city (NYC) Daily. Route 512 is a fairly well traveled main road connecting I-80 in the east at Portland to Rt 33 in the west at Wind Gap. the area is semi-suburban but growing more suburban yearly. close to shopping in the Allentown/ Bethlehem/ Easton, and the Rt 22/78 corridor E /W

Old 04-12-2007, 02:42 PM

117 posts, read 445,573 times
Default Run like the wind...

Others may weave for you a tall tale of placid living in a time which time forgot but head my warning that all is not what it seems. I purposely wrote this to sound quite forboding so please take it in the lighthearted fashion with which it was written.
In all seriousness, Bangor is better than Pen Argyl. I have lived in both and even the less than exemplary sections of Bangor are better simply because the people are better. This may be hard to believe but Pen Argyl is a town which fights to keep the status quo and is not open to those from anywhere but Pen Argyl. I regret my decision each day as I search for a way out which is not as easy as another poster stated as real estate prices are not cheap whether it is town or country that you long for.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:15 PM

2 posts, read 6,896 times
in my opinion pen argyl is better than bangor. its a small little town with a small little school. everyone knows eachother and there isnt much crime. when i used to live there i like the closeness of everyone, and feeling safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley