Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2011, 11:31 AM

15 posts, read 49,812 times

Advertisements

I recently moved to the area, but spend much of my awake time at work, so I haven't really had a chance to get out and explore the area. In the next month or two, we will have several out-of-state visitors and I have no idea what to do with them. I'd like to stay within an hour or so of the valley and avoid blatant tourist traps, though there are always "touristy" things to do in towns that can be fun too!

Thanks for any and all advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 09:08 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,517,079 times
Outdoors -
Hiking - Hawk mountain Visit Hawk Mountain Year-round | Hawk Mountain Sanctuary: Raptor Conservation, Education, Observation & Research Great for a day hike in the mountains.

Flat land hiking - Pennsylvania Rail-Trails | Pennsylvania Rails-To-Trails Not sure if it's on that map, but a new section of a rails to trails opened up in Upper Saucon Park that goes to Hellertown. I've heard that it's really nice.

Kayacking/Canoeing - on the Lehigh Wildlands Conservancy ~ Bike & Boat
Great tubing options - Morning Call
Tubing or kayaking - On the Delaware- Delaware River Tubing, Rafting, Canoeing, and Kayaking - Located in Hunterdon County

Pennsylvania State Parks - Nockamixon - PA DCNR

Drive in movies - Becky's Drive-In Theatre - Berlinsville PA or Shankweiler's Drive-In Theatre, Orefield PA (Pennsylvania)

Pick your own vegetables and fruits - Where to find pick your own farms and orchards in eastern Pennsylvania for fruit, vegetables, pumpkins and Christmas trees.

Visit the Velodrome in Trexlertown - The Valley Preferred Cycling Center

Visit the Iron Pigs if you can get a ticket. The Official Site of Minor League Baseball | Lehigh Valley IronPigs Homepage

Dorney Park, visit in the late afternoon for the dusk pass for less crowds and a discount. You can also pick up discounted tickets at any Kings grocery store - Home Page

I like to take visitors to Bethlehem just to walk around and have a meal. The Steel Stacks is pretty cool too. I like that it's new and in the process of changing and getting better. SteelStacks - Bethlehem, Pennsylvania - www.steelstacks.org

And in case they come over labor day - The Great Allentown Fair
Or maybe just the funky farmers market - Allentown Fairgrounds Farmers Market - Allentown, Pennsylvania

If they are visiting on a Sunday there's the town of Emmaus and it's farmers market Home | Emmaus Farmers' Market - there are quite a few small shops, restaurants, etc there too that make it fun to walk around.

Need some shopping? Welcome to The Promenade Shops at Saucon Valley Not as good as an old fashioned town but kinda fun. Great restaurants!

And that's enough for now!

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley