Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 05:40 PM

5 posts, read 30,381 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me any information about Nazareth? I've heard it's changed tremendously in the last 5 years. Also, Nazareth used to have a school district that people loved. Is that still so? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2006, 11:13 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
Yes, we still hear that the Nazareth schools are the greatest. They have a good reputation. The area is growing all around Allentown. Fields are turning into home developments.
Nazareth is still its own charming self, as it always was.
It is a great town for someone who flys a lot with the ABE airport there closeby.
We head that way for most of our flight out. So easy to park and easy to get too.
The areas I was in over the past few years seem the same to me.......
I know crime has slipped into Allentown. But, no matter where you go, it is ever present. There is so much to see and do in the general area. Plus all the colleges.....Lafayette College, Mullenburg, Lehigh College, Cedar Crest College and others. Plus you are not that far from Kutztown University and Bloomsburg University for that matter. They have Children Centers and Discovery Centers and of course the programs in the colleges. Shopping galore........
So Nazareth is in the hub........and still a wonderful place to live in Pa.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:31 AM

1 posts, read 9,265 times
Thumbs up RE:Nazareth

I've lived in Nazareth all my life. I went through the Nazareth School district. It is a great distric to grow up in. When my wife and I have kids, I want them to go to Nazareth as well.

Old 10-13-2007, 10:41 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
Let's not exaggerate - Nazareth schools are good but they are not the greatest. Compared to other school districts in the area they are good, but the high school scored pretty low in the last round of state testing. I think testing should be taken with a grain of salt but almost 50% of the 11th graders scored basic or below basic for math. They were given a warning for making adequate yearly progress. The two districts that scored the best are East Penn and Parkland. I would not want to live in either or those two areas but education wise, they usually come out on top.

Everything else that you said Summering, about Nazareth is pretty much true for any of the towns surrounding Allentown and Bethlehem. Unfortunately, the one about the fields being turned into developments is also true. I've said before that I understand wanting a new home and living in a neighborhood with other people that are new to the area with young children but it's still sad to see farmland changing to houses.

What is it that makes Nazareth unique?

Old 01-29-2008, 06:39 AM

2 posts, read 17,846 times
In comparing the district we live in now...Bangor...to Nazareth, I have found Nazareth to come out on top in many ways. Our house is for sale and we are getting out of Bangor for many reasons but one is to improve our kids education. So. Lehi is another nice option. The growth and development is unavoidable in Eastern Pa regardless of what district you are in, however some districts are better able to handle this. Bangor has no industry and therefore a greater discrepancy between income and housing costs. Compare the crime charts in the many towns of Eastern PA. Huge indication of the problems within the districts.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:00 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,135,397 times
If Ron Angle would run for Mayor of Bangor he would win and Bangor would have no more problems!

Old 01-29-2008, 07:16 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
That's Solehi or S. Lehigh I think it's the best but it's slower growth and pricey housing is keeping the crowds at bay. Yay!

Old 01-29-2008, 10:00 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,936,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
If Ron Angle would run for Mayor of Bangor he would win and Bangor would have no more problems!
I totally agree with you - but he lives in Upper Mt Bethel so he can't run for Bangor mayor

Old 01-29-2008, 10:01 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,936,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majezaai View Post
In comparing the district we live in now...Bangor...to Nazareth, I have found Nazareth to come out on top in many ways. Our house is for sale and we are getting out of Bangor for many reasons but one is to improve our kids education. So. Lehi is another nice option. The growth and development is unavoidable in Eastern Pa regardless of what district you are in, however some districts are better able to handle this. Bangor has no industry and therefore a greater discrepancy between income and housing costs. Compare the crime charts in the many towns of Eastern PA. Huge indication of the problems within the districts.
To add to what you posted, it was on the front page of the Express-Times today that Majestic Athletic was closing their facility in Bangor. That has to be one of the larger employers in the school district and now it too is gone. They are moving to Palmer Township.

I think the reason that the Nazareth district is so acclaimed is that it is the best in the immediate area. They also have WONDERFUL special education according to some of my friends who have children on the autism spectrum.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:12 PM

2 posts, read 17,846 times
Toobusytoday..you sure love your district! :-) that's refreshing though...I'm happy my husband is teaching at the highschool there...he loves the other teachers and the kids...so who knows, maybe we will end up in Solehi!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley