Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2015, 03:17 PM

2 posts, read 9,371 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I am moving to Allentown for job and looking for indian community and safe place. appreciate if you could tell me where does indian community live (aparment names) in allentown or nearby area (bethlehem or whilehall) PA.

thanks,
anb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 06:59 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,532,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aborkar View Post
I am moving to Allentown for job and looking for indian community and safe place. appreciate if you could tell me where does indian community live (aparment names) in allentown or nearby area (bethlehem or whilehall) PA.
Indians are perhaps the largest immigrant community in this part of PA, but I am not aware of real concentration in a neighborhood or apartment complex.

One of the surgeons in our township would only sell land to other Indian surgeons, so all three homes on his block have Indian owners, and all are large mansions in the million dollar plus range.

In Bethlehem the Indian restaurants and markets are:
Nawab
Brindhaavan
Indian Mart (610) 317-8627 | 3650 Nazareth Pike Bethlehem, PA 18020
Store with small cafe in the back

Old 08-10-2015, 07:12 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
We have many Indian families in Southern Lehigh but they don't live in any particular place.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
We have many Indian families in Southern Lehigh but they don't live in any particular place.
Census bureau data indicates that while there is diversity in Lehigh County, it is not anywhere on the level of most major East Coast cities. The population of Indians spans a fairly broad range of incomes, and are there simply aren't enough of them to have a predominantly Indian neighborhood.

The Latino population is more concentrated in the county at 45%|71% within 1|2 miles of PP&L Center or 77% in the City of Allentown.

349,497 Lehigh County
34,620 Foreign born
15,763 Born in Puerto Rico, U.S. Island areas, or born abroad to American parents
3,773 Indians
1,969 Chinese
1,512 Vietnamese
1,279 American Indian and Alaska Native
801 Korean
749 Filipino
223 Japanese
37,980 Puerto Rican
3,829 Mexican
859 Cuban
22,947 Other Latino

Old 08-11-2015, 03:29 PM

2,957 posts, read 5,900,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
I think certain apartment complexes tend to have larger concentrations of Indian families. Unfortunately, I don't know which ones.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerj View Post
I think certain apartment complexes tend to have larger concentrations of Indian families. Unfortunately, I don't know which ones.
Often people who speak a common language try to live near each other. When I lived in DC my friend was Ethiopian, and she told me which apartments were known to have large percentages of Ethiopians.

But with an ethnic group that constitutes only 1% of the county population, most outsiders wouldn't know. The best I could do was list Indian restaurants so the OP can talk to people.

Old 07-15-2017, 08:16 PM

3 posts, read 10,062 times
I am finding new job near Bethlehem, PA 18017. Can any one suggest better community where (locations & Apartments) indians stay more and have good school district? Appreciate your help.

Regards
RRK

Old 07-17-2017, 06:14 AM

2,957 posts, read 5,900,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrkkmm View Post
I am finding new job near Bethlehem, PA 18017. Can any one suggest better community where (locations & Apartments) indians stay more and have good school district? Appreciate your help.

Regards
RRK
There are a 3 Indian grocery stores that I'm aware of in the area (Indian Bazaar I & II and Apna Punjab). Maybe ask the owners/ people there? I'm sure they will be able to point you in the right direction. As I said above, there are pockets of apartment complexes that tend to have more Indian people, but I don't know where those are.

In terms of houses (not apartments), I'd say the Indian community tends to be in the newer/ nicer houses in the suburban school districts (but don't think one has significantly more than others).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley