Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2017, 04:15 PM

857 posts, read 835,091 times

Advertisements

Is it safe to move to PA ? I have heard mixed things. Oh specifically the Lehigh Valley.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2017, 06:14 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal1 View Post
Is it safe to move to PA ? I have heard mixed things. Oh specifically the Lehigh Valley.

Thanks
Try: //www.city-data.com/forum/lehigh-valley/. It's not that many of us do not know about the area; it is just that you will have a better response on that forum.

Old 04-03-2017, 06:51 AM

9,380 posts, read 9,342,287 times
Quote:

Thanks
What kind of a question is that? Maybe look at PA on a map and you will see that it is a rather large state.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:08 AM

8,079 posts, read 7,444,309 times
Quote:

Thanks

Just like everything: if you're rich it's safe; if you're poor it's dangerous. You'll have to be more specific in what you consider safe, and where in the Lehigh Valley you're talking about.

Old 04-03-2017, 01:46 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Just like everything: if you're rich it's safe; if you're poor it's dangerous. You'll have to be more specific in what you consider safe, and where in the Lehigh Valley you're talking about.
With questions about 'safety' many overlook the human factor. No matter where people move; they can have one bad neighbor that makes their lives hell. It is always best to rent and become familiar with the area before you buy. Of course there are bad neighborhoods and money can help move into better neighborhoods - but nothing is guaranteed.

People have to do their homework and the best way to do that is not from a distance; but up close and personal. If you rent close first; you can see all forms of potential problems: Like flooding, roads/transportation, weather, and possibly human problems or crime. Buy a house is a major investment and like good investors; great research is best.

Old 04-11-2017, 07:30 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,530,868 times
Welcome to the Lehigh Valley! There are three links in this sticky post regarding crime in the Lehigh Valley: //www.city-data.com/forum/lehig...residents.html

There are areas in the Lehigh Valley that you would probably want to avoid at night, but it's not like a war-zone full of gangs.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 04-16-2017, 06:15 AM

27 posts, read 20,389 times
Use this site and draw a map arround your area to check the crime stats. https://www.phillypolice.com/crime-maps-stats/

Old 10-10-2017, 09:20 AM

20 posts, read 24,108 times
There are crazy people everywhere. However, I can tell you that parts of Allentown are bad. Actually, I would avoid living in downtown Allentown. However, it's very cheap. There seems to be one or two murders/attempted there every week. I know someone whose house was just broken into, with all the doors open, but nothing was stolen. Allentown is a little crusty.

Bethlehem, Easton areas have that stuff too, but to a lesser extent. The areas outside of the hubs I would say are perfectly safe, just more expensive. However, I don't feel the schools in this area are that great.

This area is more reasonably priced than say, Philly suburbs though.

I would consider the Pocono area to be pretty safe as well, but less jobs and more driving to get anywhere.

I don't know much about central/western PA.

Old 10-10-2017, 06:19 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Just like everything: if you're rich it's safe; if you're poor it's dangerous.
That's not necessarily true, the semi rural area my parents live in is going to have everything from millionaires to low income people. Very little crime, especially violent crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley