Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 10:08 AM

1 posts, read 2,699 times

Advertisements

I went to Easton Hospital to get a lump removed from my hand. After waiting for 2 hours I was sat in a hallway to wait for the doctor. When the doctor finally came I was told that they wouldn't remove the lumb and I should go home and smash my hand with a book. I thought that was foolish so I drove to St. Lukes where they found out that I had a scist that was very infected and if I would have smashed it the infection would have gotten into my bloodstream and killed me. So I just want to say thanks to easton hospital for almost killing me. Do yourself a favor stay away from Easton Hospital. I have never had a good experience there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 11:16 AM

20 posts, read 74,179 times
Medical treatment is very subjective as to which side of the coin your on. Although I myself have never been to Easton I have many friends in the Phillipsburg area that have choosen to have procedures there instead of Warren yet they prefer the ER at Warren.

As far as how's the hospital in Port Jervis - I can't belive it changed its name AGIAN. When I was younger I made many trips to the ER there. I spent MANY hours in the waiting room. At 17 I had an allergic reation to medication I was on. The DR I saw was clueless he told me I was reacting to a spyder bite and gave me a shot of Benadryl then sent me home. As my mom and I were leaving a nurse came running up to us and begged us to go to the hospital in Sussex because she didn't agree with him -- thank god she did. She told us even though she wasnt sure what was wrong she thought I needed more help. We thought about blowing off her suggestion but as we sat at Texas Lunch having chili dogs I realized I was starting to feel worse so off we went to Sussex where they gave me a proper diagnosis and alot more meds at a much higher dose. The orginal med had been in my system for about 10 days already though so it took weeks for me to make a complete recovery but I did. Im just glad that nurse said something before we left otherwise I would have just gone home and waited for the med to work.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:06 PM

41 posts, read 159,188 times
easton hospital is very bad.. my ex was in there with a heat condition... and they dam near killed her with the wrong meds.. even though the nurse insisted.. that they were right.... stay far far far away....

Old 08-21-2008, 11:44 AM

1 posts, read 2,568 times
Default My Father died at Easton Hospital...

Because of the lack of attention from the doctor and nurse staff. My Father went there to have his knee replacement surgery procedure because he wanted to be able to walk better.

My Dad had no prior complications or health issues going into the surgery that would prevent him from having it done. And if so, it's the doctor's responsibility to know and not allow the surgery if he isn't a fit candidate.

But, the surgery was completed and my sister and I received a phone call from the hospital (as we were on our way there to see him come out) letting us know the surgery went well. But, to our disbelief, when we arrived at the hospital, my Mom was in tears...my Dad had died.

They told us it was because of a blood clot that staved off the oxygen to his lungs that caused him to pass. Even so, this could have been prevented had the staff been there to watch over him as patients are the most vulnerable to complications immediately after a surgery. The autopsy was inconclusive and there was no indication that my Father died because of a blood clot.

I have so much anger/depression inside me all because this hospital lacked the quality and care that my Dad deserved. He would be alive today if it wasn't for those at Easton Hospital.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,368 times
Default Coming right from an Easton employee

If Easton provides so many jobs, then why is there a 37% vacancy rate?? It's not CHS's fault that the hospital stinks, it's the administration. Easton payed good money to be rated in the 5% for healthgrades. Let's be real, Easton administration is so busy covering up mistakes they don't have time to work on improvements. Easton has great nurse to bad they are not appreciated by administration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoconoNurse View Post
Not true. Easton gets a bad rap as a for profit facility, but it has saved many jobs for the residents in the area. The hospital would of certainly closed if not for CHS. Also it is in the top 5% of hospitals rated in the country for least complications and decreased mortality rates according to healthgrades.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:30 AM

99 posts, read 338,090 times
Here is some good advice: if your child is as sick as you described, do not hesitate to call 911. An ambulance will be dispatched and you will be seen immediately in the ER. I am an EMT, and never knew this fact. Ambulance admissions are seen before anyone in the waiting room! I am not advocating calling 911 for non emergencies, but a seizure in a child is an emergency. Hope your child is feeling much better!

Old 04-15-2009, 02:17 PM

825 posts, read 3,160,065 times
wow old thread... sorry. but I had to stick up for Easton Hospital.

My opinion is very biased. Every single member of my family was born in Easton Hospital, excluding myself and my brother. I have at least 2 relatives working in that hospital. I've never been a patient there, but from what I've seen the hospital isn't bad.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:18 PM

2 posts, read 8,062 times
Easton hospital is a for profit hospital. It has a very poor reputation amongst the medical community. I'm just being blunt. I was told if I was ever ill at work (I work in Easton) to demand to be taken to either St. Luke's or Lehigh Valley. My father is an overly worrisome doctor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley