Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 04:52 PM

76 posts, read 150,937 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about good, cheap apartments in Lexington? I don't need a pool or gym or party room. But I want a place downtown or on Euclid, Fontaine, Nicholasville Rd., Maxwell/High, around Woodland Park or Richmond Rd. I want easy access to city buses and as little noise as possible.

Which apartment complexes should I avoid? I'm old and from DC. I like diversity. Nobody partying late at night.

I'd love a 2 bedroom apartment for under $800 a month with a washer/dryer or laundry room. Within walking distance or bus access to groceries, a bank, cafes & a drugstore.

Last edited by Hephaestion; 08-11-2018 at 05:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2018, 08:35 PM

14,776 posts, read 8,109,336 times
https://hotpads.com/lexington-ky/apartments-for-rent

https://hotpads.com/lexington-ky/houses-for-rent

Avoid the Mansion, I knew a coworker that moved there, they loved their Apartment, but said that it was Party Central, party time constantly and they had to move.

These Apartments are located on a main busline (behind Krogers on Nicholasville Road)
and claim they are Quiet....I have no real knowledge of them beyond that though.

https://regencyapartments.business.site/

Old 08-12-2018, 02:41 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Most of the areas you name - Euclid, Maxwell, Woodland - are close to the University of Kentucky and will have lots of students - not likely to be quiet areas. Fontaine runs through Ashland Park and has some very nice older apartments, many of which are now condos. This area, along with adjacent Chevy Chase (which also contains apartment buildings, not complexes) is very desirable and prices reflect that.

Lexington apartments are more costly than similar apartments in Louisville or Cincinnati, unfortunately. Otherwise, the COL is comparable. So budget for housing - $800 a month is unlikely to get you a two-bedroom apartment in a nice area in Lexington - it might stretch to a one-bedroom unit, however.

You might try Idle Hour, just off Richmond Road. There are some c.1950s apartment buildings there that lack bells and whistles but might work for you. Section 8 apartment housing is across Richmond Road - buildings are nice enough, but there has been some significant violent crime there, though many residents are refugees who cherish peaceful living.

Good luck with your search.

Old 08-15-2018, 06:14 PM

Thanks! Have you ever heard anything about the Marquis Middle apartment building by the Euclid Ave. Kroger?

Old 08-16-2018, 08:53 AM

I'm not familiar with that apartment - "Marquis" is the current name of the street once known as Lafayette Avenue, due to a name change foisted upon us by enhanced 911.

I would assume this apartment, like others in this area, would cater to UK students, as it is in walking or easy biking distance of the University. The location would be convenient for Chevy Chase shopping and would be on or close to public bus lines, but the proximity to UK and the other likely residents might be a big consideration. Have you tried contacting the apartment's manager to see who lives there?

The nearby big newish Kroger's has recently rearranged its shelves so that junk food, soft drinks, and beer are near the front, while basics like milk and eggs are in the far back corner. Again, they're catering to UK students who like to party rather than to permanent residents. I am not happy with this change, being in the latter category!

I need to go to Kroger's later today and can take a quick look at the outside of this apartment. If you are interested, I'd suggest moving quickly to rent, as UK is about to start its fall semester and students are returning in great numbers right now.

Have you checked out the older apartments on Romany Road, Cooper Drive, Cochran Road, and Duke Road? They are very nice and in a nearby good area of Chevy Chase that is also convenient and walkable, yet a little too far from UK to draw ery many students.

Last edited by CraigCreek; 08-16-2018 at 09:05 AM..

Old 08-16-2018, 07:10 PM

I drove past the apartment you were interested in - it looks nice enough, fairly newly built, and had a big "For Rent" sign out front. It appears to be industrial in style, unlike the rest of the neighborhood, but is quite convenient - right across the street from Kroger's, in fact.

Next door was another apartment, red brick and more traditional in style, called "Marquis Square". It also had a "for rent" sign in front, making me think both are aimed at students, given that UK is about to start (Kroger's was overflowing with students this evening_. I have not been inside either apartment building, but both looked pleasant and well-cared for.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-17-2018, 09:06 AM

There is a sheltered bus stop right in front of the Kroger's on Euclid, so the location you're considering would certainly be convenient in that regard.

Old 08-31-2018, 07:51 AM

Thank you, CraigCreek, for your helpful information! I am not yet sure when I will be able to move to Lexington yet but it probably will be another year before I can. I hope to visit Lexington this coming November to check things out for a couple of days.

I am going to investigate the streets you mentioned: Cooper, Cochran, Romany & Duke. I recall that those are very nice streets, close-in.

Old 09-22-2018, 04:09 PM

I am now interested in the following apartments. If anyone has any information on any of them, I'd love to hear it!

1. The Summit at Lexington
2. Marquis Middle Apartments
3. Limestone Square Apartments
4. Americana Apartments
5. Regency Apartments

Old 11-15-2018, 09:02 AM

I checked into Regency Apts. and it does appear to be just what I want BUT the bus stop is way too far a walk for me to get to it, and there is no bench to sit on by it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area