Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 08:51 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,215,215 times

Advertisements

Well that's too bad you want to leave Hawaii. I hope you find your answer

Old 09-27-2014, 09:56 PM

29 posts, read 50,456 times
Lol yes Im going to miss my islands even though Im ready to move forward. Honestly Hawaii has no place for us anymore. Its either your rich, or filthy rich to live the life here. Average for a studio is 900-1100 and thats the crappy ones! Just cant survive with my 4 kids. And I am tired of being on Welfare. Super thankful for it but I want to be able to get off it. Have an awesome night

Old 09-27-2014, 10:42 PM

14,773 posts, read 8,103,690 times
It depends on where you live.....if you live way out Lextran is not very good, and you need a car...but if you live in certain areas, you could do it....I have known people to get by with the public transport (Lextran) you just have to move into the right neighborhood, where they have good bus coverage.

If a a school is not deemed within walking distance a school bus will come and pick up public school students, and take them to their neighborhood school.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:43 PM

14,773 posts, read 8,103,690 times
Oh and welcome to Kentucky!

Old 09-28-2014, 01:00 AM

29 posts, read 50,456 times
Thanks havent moved there yet. But I will definitely be there by March!!

Old 03-10-2015, 08:19 PM

7 posts, read 10,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
(note that I borrowed this thread from the VA forum, as we here are also getting bombarded with vague questions)

READ if you are asking about where to live in Lexington.

There's been many threads recently from people requesting information on where to live in Lexington. If you are about to post one of these information request threads, please include the following:

-Where you are working
-How much you are willing to spend on housing
-How long of a commute you're willing to tolerate
-If you have kids: Private school or public school?
-What type of neighborhood environment you are looking for: small town feeling? small city excitement? suburbia delight?
-Community amenities important to you
-Pie or cake?

We on the Lexington forum would appreciate it if you included the above information in your initial post so you can get the information you want as quickly as possible and we would not have to repost the same questions for every thread. Thank you.

Hey Guys!
Moving to Lexington in May after the school year ends from Louisiana.
I will be working on University of Kentucky campus.
Commute doesn't really matter but anything under 45 minutes is preferable.
I have 3 kids all will be going to elementary school, so the school districts are really important.
Looking for safe, quite and affordable neighborhood.I am hoping to buy a house under 250K.
Definitely a Pie!

Any and every input would be really appreciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area