Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 05:54 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,572,537 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any reviews of The Pub located behind Fayette Mall?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 07:55 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Anyone have any reviews of The Pub located behind Fayette Mall?

One of the worst places I've been, the food was terrible.

So called "fish and chips" were frozen filliets with about a quarter inch of fish in an inch of doughy breading, Mrs Paul's is as good. The chips were frozen "steak" type fries. I'd rather throw some fish-sticks and Ore-Idas in the oven.

My wife had shepard's pie which was more like mashed potatos on top of beef gravy, a White Castle slider has as much meat.

Save your money.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:57 PM

688 posts, read 3,038,832 times
Ehhh - it was ok. Decent selection of beer. Typical food you would expect - nothing outstanding but decent. Atmosphere was ok - nothing exciting but comfortable enough.

So pretty middle of the road is my review.

But, we've only been there once, and it was soon after it opened so YMMV.

Old 08-30-2008, 08:19 PM

Thanks for the info, I was going to eat there today but changed my mind since I didn't know anything about the place.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:53 PM

820 posts, read 2,868,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Thanks for the info, I was going to eat there today but changed my mind since I didn't know anything about the place.
Same here. Went to that area Friday night with my daughter who was home from college. We ended up just hitting Fridays. We have eaten at "Saul Good" I believe it's called. Very good food and interesting menu. Was a bit pricey though. It's over on the strip where Maggie Moos is.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:57 AM

270 posts, read 934,892 times
I've eaten there only once. After a very long wait, we were finally seated at a remote table in the corner, having to wade through what seemed like a sea of other diners to get to the table. The wait for the food was excruciatingly long. Like IrishTom, I also ordered the fish and chips. What a mistake. It was terrible. For the quality of the food and the overall experience, I think The Pub is grossly overpriced. We were also shocked by the price of the cocktails, of which we each consumed two during our 1 1/2 hour wait for a table.

If you just wanted to sit at the bar, drink beer and watch a game, this might be an okay place to go. But, if you actually want to eat, go somewhere else. I won't be going there again.

Old 09-01-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassgirl View Post
Same here. Went to that area Friday night with my daughter who was home from college. We ended up just hitting Fridays. We have eaten at "Saul Good" I believe it's called. Very good food and interesting menu. Was a bit pricey though. It's over on the strip where Maggie Moos is.
Thanks for the info! I hadn't heard of Saul Good until I saw it while I was up there Saturday.

Old 09-01-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexingtony View Post
I've eaten there only once. After a very long wait, we were finally seated at a remote table in the corner, having to wade through what seemed like a sea of other diners to get to the table. The wait for the food was excruciatingly long. Like IrishTom, I also ordered the fish and chips. What a mistake. It was terrible. For the quality of the food and the overall experience, I think The Pub is grossly overpriced. We were also shocked by the price of the cocktails, of which we each consumed two during our 1 1/2 hour wait for a table.

If you just wanted to sit at the bar, drink beer and watch a game, this might be an okay place to go. But, if you actually want to eat, go somewhere else. I won't be going there again.
That sounds pretty bad to me. Thanks for the info.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:24 PM

969 posts, read 2,820,114 times
I didn't like The Pub either. I have only been to Saul Good once. Had the Chicken and Waffle. It is waaaaay to rich for a meal. It was pricey, the service was fair, and I got heartburn. I don't plan on returning to either anytime soon!

Old 09-01-2008, 06:22 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
Saul Good? Is that a Jewish joint? Sounds too cute but I used to go to a good Jewish restaurant in Skokie called Barnum and Bagel.

And Manny's, oh man, I'm dyin' here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area