Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 06:32 AM

5 posts, read 11,348 times

Advertisements

My sister and her family are moving to Winchester in April. I would like any and all information about the city such as good places to live inexpensively, they asked me to find out what the quality of water is there also, anything and everything you'd like to tell me about Winchester.

Also, I posted another thread - does anyone know of a valley with a stream in or near Winchester? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 09:57 AM

1 posts, read 3,377 times
I have no answers for you, I actually would like to tag onto your question. I had been doing much investagation on the internet about the Winchester area and it all looked very promising. My husband has just changed jobs and is now working in the Central KY region. I was considering Winchester as a primary area to live, but after reading all these messages I have some hesitation as to whether or not this would be a good option. I am from north of Cincinnati and I have no problem having to drive 20 or so minutes into town. I am just not interested in living a drug ravaged area. That is the impression that I am getting from many of these messages.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:50 AM

2,926 posts, read 8,584,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap10Kari View Post
I have no answers for you, I actually would like to tag onto your question. I had been doing much investagation on the internet about the Winchester area and it all looked very promising. My husband has just changed jobs and is now working in the Central KY region. I was considering Winchester as a primary area to live, but after reading all these messages I have some hesitation as to whether or not this would be a good option. I am from north of Cincinnati and I have no problem having to drive 20 or so minutes into town. I am just not interested in living a drug ravaged area. That is the impression that I am getting from many of these messages.
Winchester is not "drug ravaged." Every town has some issues with drugs, it exists everywhere. There's plenty of nice areas in Winchester to live. I know there's been lots of growth on the Westside and Southside of town. I tend to like Georgetown, Versailles, Nicholasville and Richmond better than I do Winchester, but that's just me.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:35 PM

969 posts, read 2,824,442 times
Winchester is a friendly town. I think it is a little more small town and rural-ish like Paris. I lived there from 1997-2002. My parents live there now.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:30 AM

638 posts, read 1,284,295 times
Just moved to Paris and use Winchester as my primary "shopping" town. It is more developed than Paris, which is very quaint, and has just about every kind of store and fast food you'd want!! The countryside is as nice as north and west of Lex, and the real estate prices are perhaps cheaper!

Old 03-24-2009, 10:03 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,821,779 times
White trash central. End of story.

I was watching CNN Headline News today whilst eating a cheap but nice lunch and taking a break from reading a book in the McDonald's in Louisville's Highlands neighborhood. They ran a story about the possible advent of Plan B for teenagers and the anchor took three calls, all from the South, about their views on this initiative. Let's just say the man from Winchester had an accent so think that you could hardly understand him, and it took him 30 seconds to say what I could have said in less than ten seconds.

Search through AtlantaGreg30127's (I think that's his username) and my previous posts on Winchester. You can do MUCH better among small towns in Central Kentucky: Wilmore, Frankfort (for the most part), Danville, Midway, or even Mt. Sterling.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm1986 View Post
White trash central. End of story.
Well that's a ridiculous thing to say. Coming from you though it's just typical.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,188 times
I have lived in Winchester for 2.5 years now. We live in a nice neighborhood, meet nice people, and are pleased with the area. I think if you are looking for crap, you will find crap any where you go, however, I would like to leave the area before my kids get into school.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:58 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,821,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Well that's a ridiculous thing to say. Coming from you though it's just typical.
No offense, but you're from Southeastern Kentucky. I don't expect you to have standards when it comes to communities.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm1986 View Post
No offense, but you're from Southeastern Kentucky. I don't expect you to have standards when it comes to communities.
Don't even go there buddy. Wow, does that ever sound like a "I'm better than you" comment. I'd give you a piece of my mind in person if I could. You have a lot of nerve....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area