Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2009, 08:33 AM

30 posts, read 102,444 times

Advertisements

We recently moved away from the Lexington area and I am wading through online forums in our new hometown to try and find doctors and other services. I realized I never frequent this board and help out those who are looking for the same information in Kentucky, so I thought I'd post my two cents.

Recommendations - One of the hardest things about moving is leaving the following professionals and businesses. I did a good bit of research and trial and error before I found these. I won't post the bad apples but just know these seemed like some of the best of the best to me:

Dentist - Dr. Nathan Wilson (Nicholasville Dental Center, 881-8632)

OB/GYN - Dr. O'Nan (Office in Central Baptist complex, 264-8811)

Optometrist - Dr. Ditto (Jessamine Optical, 887-2441; Go see Dr. Ditto for contacts and other eye needs. He is a fabulous doctor, but get your glasses prescription filled elsewhere, I wasn't a fan of the lab that contracts the space in the office.)

Massage Therapy - Massage on Main/Cheryl Nesselroade (401-2202)

Alterations - Sew Fine (268-8438)

Favorite Lunch and Dinner Restaurants - Stella's Kentucky Deli and Azur Restaurant

Sunday Mornings - If you are looking for a church, we greatly miss Rev. Todd Nelson's sermons and the community at FUMC Andover!

Local Farm - Reed Valley Orchard, we made a special trip to stock up on you-pick berries before we left and kept them frozen with dry ice during the move. They have the best blueberries and blackberries I have ever tasted.

Enjoy living in the Bluegrass!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area