Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2010, 07:20 PM

5 posts, read 9,280 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My family and I are relocating to the Lexington area this summer. I am looking for recommendations for neighborhoods for which to look.

My husband will be working from home and calling on accounts from WV to Louisville so anywhere in Lexington would be OK for us.

Ideally we would like a newer or updated home/community in a good school district. We are looking to pay somewhere in the upper 200K's to lower 300K's for a single family home. We would love a neighborhood that is family oriented with pool (is this common in this area???) playgrounds in or near the neighborhood, young families and children, etc. Lot size is not that important but we would want enough space to have a swing set or enough yard for the kids to play in.

I watched the video that LEXpert posted on Andover Hills and that looks like something we would be interested in looking at.

Are there others neighborhoods beside Andover Hills that you would recommend we take a look at? We'll be there in a week and a half and I'd love to have an idea of some areas/ neighborhoods that we should look at.

THANK YOU so much for any suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 04:11 PM

969 posts, read 2,819,613 times
I think Palomar might be a good match. It is located in SW Lex just outside of Man O War. It has a great school district (Rosa Parks, Beaumont,Dunbar). It does have a clubhouse, pool, neighborhood park (Last time I checked it was $600/year.)

Another option may be Cumberland Hills, located outside Man O War off Tates Creek. The elementary school is very good (Veteran's Park), but the middle and high schools aren't that great. There is a neighborhood pool and it backs to Veteran's Park, which is a 236 acre city park. At the end of Cumberland Hills, there is a little park called Ribbon Park that is really more of a nice little section of Veteran's Park. The lot sizes tend to be a little larger here.

Waterford also has it's own pool. It is off Man O War close to Cumberland Hills. This one has Veteran's Park for the elementary (great) Southern (average) and Tates Creek High (fair).

There are other neighborhoods that have pools, but they tend to be more expensive. The last time I checked, you can get a social and pool membership for Andover Golf and County Club for $1200 a year. The club filed bankruptcy last year, but I am sure they will be able to reorganize.

I need to do another video tour this week, so let me know if I should do one of these. Thanks for watching it :-)

For your price range, you can expect to find a 2500-2800 sqaure foot home with a basement (or larger if no basement), maybe even a finished basement if you get close to $300k.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:42 PM

5 posts, read 9,280 times
Thanks so much for the info. Its very helpful. I guess having the pool in a neighborhood isn't that important if we would have access to a pool through other means such as a country club. I have heard the Hamburg area is a good one for us to look in. Is that where Andover Hills is or is it a different area from there?

Thanks!

Old 03-27-2010, 08:11 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,800,719 times
If suburbia is your thing, then Palomar and Beaumont Centre meet your criteria.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:16 PM

969 posts, read 2,819,613 times
Andover Hills is just outside of Man O War off Todds Road. It is very close to Hamburg. Most of the people that live out here in Andover Hills cut through a neighborhood called Autumn Ridge to get to Hamburg. That way all you have to do is cross Man O War to get into Hamburg. It is only like 3 stop signs from the edge of Andover Hills to the entrance to Hamburg.

We love the family vibe out here and the convenience of Hamburg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
View detailed profiles of: