Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 11:15 AM

2,457 posts, read 7,390,561 times

Advertisements

"Arkansas Business" newspaper reports that in the past 12 months in the Pulaski County retail market the occupancy has improved from 89.4% to nearly 91.2. This includes occupying new structures as well as re-occupying vacant ones. Things are looking up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 01:31 PM

511 posts, read 800,449 times
I heard last night that the Apple store is coming, Ross Dress for Less, and some new restaurants like Cheddars!

Old 08-11-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
I heard last night that the Apple store is coming, Ross Dress for Less, and some new restaurants like Cheddars!
10-4 on the Apple Store. About the 20th of this month, I think, and it will be in the mall on west Chenal Parkway. I think Cheddars is now under construction at the old University Mall site.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:44 AM

697 posts, read 1,777,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
All of that is correct. J Crew is also being added to the Promenade next to Apple (Anthropologie, Apple, and J Crew all in a row will be a busy/very appealing little section of the mall), Shackleford Crossings should be filling up a bit more soon, Park Plaza is still doing very well and a couple of the little empty spots are filling up (and Forbidden City is being replaced by an outfitters store), Panera, McDonalds, Staples, and a Verizon store are all already committed or under construction along with the Cheddars at the Park Avenue development (old Univ. Mall site), McCain Mall is under renovation and adding a higher end 12 screen movie theater, Lowe's is looking to add a West Little Rock location finally and there should be some interesting retail/commercial news announced for downtown in the form of a new development before the year end. Little Rock never really got hit hard on the retail front by the recession since the local economy stayed pretty strong, but things that got delayed at the beginning of the recession are now starting back up along with a few new things. The amount of development that has been going on and the increased retail presence in Little Rock during the past few tough years is pretty exciting.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:29 AM

Also, out here on west Chenal Parkway, a new call center in going into the old empty home furnishing/builders supply building and there will be a new fitness center (I think) going into the old Kroger, and something else I don't remember.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasSlim View Post
Also, out here on west Chenal Parkway, a new call center in going into the old empty home furnishing/builders supply building and there will be a new fitness center (I think) going into the old Kroger, and something else I don't remember.
The old National Home Center is turning into a Windstream data center, and it already is looking better now that they're doing some work on it, but I guess it doesn't qualify as retail anymore. I hadn't heard about a gym going into the old Kroger, but I did see they were splitting it up into a strip mall style front to make it more appealing to potential tenants. The last I'd heard they hadn't confirmed any tenants, but I could see a fitness center being a good fit in that spot. I'd hoped another big box retailer might be interested in the space, but I honestly couldn't think of anything that might be wanting a location out there right now.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:24 AM

127 posts, read 217,168 times
Big box stores and strip malls. Just what Arkansas needs more of.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:43 AM

837 posts, read 2,251,862 times
Quote:
(Anthropologie, Apple, and J Crew all in a row will be a busy/very appealing little section of the mall)
right? come on Urban Outfitters! that and a TJ's and I'm a happy camper.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenni-b View Post
right? come on Urban Outfitters! that and a TJ's and I'm a happy camper.
Haha, I'm not a big Urban Outfitters person, but I find Trader Joe's interesting enough I'd shop there. With Whole Foods and Fresh Market already on the scene and Kroger dominating the overall market I imagine it would probably be a while before they'd consider the LR market though. The one store I desperately want that due to their recent troubles we'll probably never get is a Restoration Hardware. It'd be great in the Midtowne shopping center (and close to my house that way...). I don't ask for as much in a shopping scene as most people though, so I'm pretty easy to satisfy.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewizard16 View Post
Haha, I'm not a big Urban Outfitters person, but I find Trader Joe's interesting enough I'd shop there. With Whole Foods and Fresh Market already on the scene and Kroger dominating the overall market I imagine it would probably be a while before they'd consider the LR market though. The one store I desperately want that due to their recent troubles we'll probably never get is a Restoration Hardware. It'd be great in the Midtowne shopping center (and close to my house that way...). I don't ask for as much in a shopping scene as most people though, so I'm pretty easy to satisfy.
10-4 on the Restoration Hardware store. Although I, personally, no longer have a need for them, many, many years ago when we were restoring a Craftsman in Malvern we gave their catalog lots of business. I think I may still have some of their fixtures in storage here in L.R. I understand there is lots of do-it-yourself restoration taking place here in L.R. and it would be great to be able to look at the item before purchase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area