Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 05:12 AM

744 posts, read 1,847,134 times

Advertisements

The thread on Brett Cummins aroused my curiosity once again as to why Barry Brandt left the chief meteorologist job at KARK to go be a secondary meteorologist to the very popular Ned Perme at KATV?? I had found this out recently and was pretty suprised since he was pretty popular area meteorologist also when I left central Arkansas in 1995.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 01:18 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,378,164 times
He was found asleep in a dry hot tub with the body of a dead friend, in the home of a mutual friend, and KARK decided he needed to find employment elsewhere.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:29 PM

744 posts, read 1,847,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasSlim View Post
He was found asleep in a dry hot tub with the body of a dead friend, in the home of a mutual friend, and KARK decided he needed to find employment elsewhere.

Well I didn't think he did a crime lol. I was just curious. The mentioning of KARK made me think about that.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:41 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,358,351 times
with a dog collar around his neck

TV weatherman Brett Cummins awakens in hot tub next to naked dead man with 'dog collar' around his neck | Mail Online

Old 09-12-2011, 10:33 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,159,195 times
The o/p asked about Barry Brandt, not Brett Cummins.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:16 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,378,164 times
Ouch! My bad I read Barry Brandt but since Brett Cummins was fresh on the news my brain jumped the track to him. I don't know why Barry came to KATV. He has been there so long I didn't think about it. Again, I apologize for jumping the track. I'll be more careful next time.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:28 PM

18,547 posts, read 15,575,394 times
It had something to do with his being found "indecent" in a restroom at Allsopp Park and something to do with KARK's image. Nothing to do with his work or with his other talents. Ultimately KARK's loss and KATV's gain.

Old 06-16-2015, 10:31 PM

1,221 posts, read 1,902,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
It had something to do with his being found "indecent" in a restroom at Allsopp Park and something to do with KARK's image. Nothing to do with his work or with his other talents. Ultimately KARK's loss and KATV's gain.
That was a long time ago but I think you are talking about the weather man that was with KTHV 11 at the time. I don't remember his name, but it wasn't Barry.

Old 06-17-2015, 01:08 PM

18,547 posts, read 15,575,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
That was a long time ago but I think you are talking about the weather man that was with KTHV 11 at the time. I don't remember his name, but it wasn't Barry.
I have a new theory. It seems Barry Brandt was off the air for several months and got married in September, 1996. My new theory is that he took time off to be with his (future) wife.

Unlike the other L. R. weathermen at the time, Barry was not just a showman but a real meteorologist with an understanding of the weather that enabled him to choose his own computer models and provide more complete data than the usual layman's approach to NWS forecasts.

But his job was not his whole life, and maybe he knew something about striking the right balance between public and personal that tends to elude most television "personalities".

Ned Perme played piano and sang, especially at Christmas time. Barry had an excellent singing voice, a baritone who could sing the tenor part too, but I don't remember him ever singing on the air.

I am afraid this is all I know. Is Barry Brandt reachable?

Old 06-17-2015, 06:15 PM

1,221 posts, read 1,902,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
I have a new theory. It seems Barry Brandt was off the air for several months and got married in September, 1996. My new theory is that he took time off to be with his (future) wife.

Unlike the other L. R. weathermen at the time, Barry was not just a showman but a real meteorologist with an understanding of the weather that enabled him to choose his own computer models and provide more complete data than the usual layman's approach to NWS forecasts.

But his job was not his whole life, and maybe he knew something about striking the right balance between public and personal that tends to elude most television "personalities".

Ned Perme played piano and sang, especially at Christmas time. Barry had an excellent singing voice, a baritone who could sing the tenor part too, but I don't remember him ever singing on the air.

I am afraid this is all I know. Is Barry Brandt reachable?
I don't know if he is "reachable", but he is the 5PM weather person on KATV 7 and fills in for Ned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area