Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 06:34 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
I really don't recommend Cabot. I'm black and a friend of my mom who is also black went to a Wal-Mart in Cabot and a little boy (white) asked her, "What are YOU doing here?" and the adult with the little boy didn't correct him or anything. I'm not saying everyone in Cabot is racist but I really don't recommend living there if you don't look Caucascian/white.

Best of luck!!
That sounds about right. I also explains why Cabot is so popular with rural Arkansans who get jobs in Little Rock.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:48 PM

369 posts, read 1,302,635 times
I'll be honest with you Roxy - you should mark Cabot off the list immediately. Cabot is a very close-minded community and you would get ran out of town as soon as you got settled in there. I personally prefer Sherwood since it is a nice open-minded community that is closer to the amenities of Little Rock/North Little Rock and the neighborhoods in Sherwood are generally better than Jacksonville's, but most parts of Jacksonville isn't too shabby either. Rather you pick Sherwood or Jacksonville, I don't think that you'll have any regrets, but based on your background I believe that if you were to try to move to Cabot you may be left with bad memories for the rest of your life.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:39 AM

79 posts, read 170,855 times
To Purplelove08, "not your average Black girl",......... I'd rather hear that kid in Wal-Mart say that statement, than someone in Little Rock shoot me. I have 2 family members to be killed by non-white people

Old 05-20-2009, 07:16 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Diva View Post
To Purplelove08, "not your average Black girl",......... I'd rather hear that kid in Wal-Mart say that statement, than someone in Little Rock shoot me. I have 2 family members to be killed by non-white people
So all non-white people are murders?
I'm not scared of being shot in Little Rock. I don't know why so many people see Little Rock as a dangerous city. I could understand if we were talking about Memphis.

Now why you took the time to respond to my post in a thread that is SO old...

Old 03-13-2010, 11:48 AM

5 posts, read 11,148 times
Actually I live in Cabot and I'm white, but there are blacks here too and I haven't seen any of them sad or mad. Every time I see one, they're more than likely happy. I also read that you're thinking of having a baby and for that, Cabot has (out of the three cities) the best school district out there.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:20 AM

Location: I am currently in the middle of a move from England (UK) to the Little Rock area of Arkansas
5 posts, read 24,825 times
Panthers, I did live in cabot for a little while, but after seeing a mother and child scared to death because of the way they were being treated in wal-mart (they were black, and I could clearly see the terror on the mother's face and the little girl was crying - I don't know what was said to them, but something obviously was) and hearing all of the racist remarks constantly for the months that we lived there, we got the hell out and will never look back, we don't even drive into cabot unless we absolutely have to. Maybe you don't see it because you ARE white, but I promise, the black people in cabot are not happy. Yes, my husband and I have discussed it with some of the very few black people who live or work in cabot - they are only there because for whatever reason they have no other choice and my husband was basically told by one of them that you don't let the sun go down on you in cabot if you're black. I am living in Jacksonville now and am much happier, it is a much better town, you can keep your racists and keep pretending your town isn't a white flight hell; I'll keep my non-white, non-christian; non-straight self over here in a normal town where I'm safe. Also, having seen the schools in all of the areas I would NEVER have my child in a cabot school. I'm sorry, but I don't want someone turning my child into a racist, christian, bigoted moron which is all I found in cabot.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:14 PM

5 posts, read 11,148 times
Umm well I'm friends with a bunch of black people actually, but ok I'm glad you're happy in Jacksonville.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,642 times
Well, Roxy, presumably you've been living near LRAFB for two years now; what do you think of it? I hope you love it as I did in 1979-1983 stationed there as well. I met my wife there (still married more than 30 years since). I'm glad Jacksonville was diverse, because she is Thai. I loved Jacksonville, which had a WalMart but was not yet the corporate giant it is today. Cabot hardly had anybody living there. And Sherwood was best known for hanging out at Shotgun Dan's Pizza restaurant. No one gave me or my family a hard time, period

Old 03-17-2011, 07:28 AM

2 posts, read 3,381 times
relocating to jacksonville from cabot....does anyone have information about jacksonville schools?

Old 03-17-2011, 05:21 PM

369 posts, read 1,302,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by df6528 View Post
relocating to jacksonville from cabot....does anyone have information about jacksonville schools?
Jacksonville is a nice community and it has a lot of inexpensive yet good homes, but the schools are horrible. Pulaski County Special School District neglects the schools in Jacksonville, and I wouldn't send my kids there for anything. Most people in Jacksonville with school-aged children either send their kids to one of the charter schools, lie to get them in Cabot schools, or get them in one of the magnet schools in the PCSSD. Schools are definetly not a reason to move TO Jacksonville, but the community of Jacksonville is much nicer than Cabot. A good compromise is to move to Sherwood where although it is still in the Pulaski County School District, Sherwood schools are not neglected like Jacksonville schools are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area