Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2008, 09:58 AM

61 posts, read 213,552 times

Advertisements

I came across the cutest neighborhood called Lakewood while out exploring. We just moved to the area and are trying to find somewhere to settle. The Old Mill was there along with an abundence of lakes and shopping close by. We found a quaint little rent house in the area with a decent rental amount. Being a mother, I am tremendously concerned with crime and safety and overall feel about where I put my family. Can anyone give me info about this area including the schools. I noticed Lakewood had schools in the area. Also I would like to acquire info on Pulaski Academy. But mostly about the neighborhood; Is it safe, is there drugs or gang influence in that area. Are people respectful and considerate. We are and would like to be around similar peeps. (=

Thanks for you time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 10:14 AM

529 posts, read 1,651,065 times
I grew up in Lakewood and Indian Hills back in the 80s and 90s. I never had any problems with drugs or gangs until I was in high school at NLRHS and even then I always thought it was blown out of porportion and not as bad as everyone likes to think. Most people worried about NLRHS problems just sent their children to private schools. I was there when the crime was supposedly at it's highest so I assume if it was at it's worst back then then it should still be a nice place to live. I haven't been back for 5 years though since my parents moved away.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:20 PM

126 posts, read 478,423 times
Default Great Area of NLR!

I spent a lot of my youth in Lakewood. I was there from '88 to '95 in the Bunker Hill subdivision behind Lakewood Village. I loved living in Lakewood and go back to visit about once a year. It is still a wonderful area to raise a family. The best elementary school in the area is Crestwood Elementary and then Lakewood Middle school for the older kids.

Hope you end up enjoying it as much as I did.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:48 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,786,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTRY_ANGEL_HORSE View Post
I came across the cutest neighborhood called Lakewood while out exploring. We just moved to the area and are trying to find somewhere to settle. The Old Mill was there along with an abundence of lakes and shopping close by. We found a quaint little rent house in the area with a decent rental amount. Being a mother, I am tremendously concerned with crime and safety and overall feel about where I put my family. Can anyone give me info about this area including the schools. I noticed Lakewood had schools in the area. Also I would like to acquire info on Pulaski Academy. But mostly about the neighborhood; Is it safe, is there drugs or gang influence in that area. Are people respectful and considerate. We are and would like to be around similar peeps. (=

Thanks for you time
Lakewood is a great little place. I live pretty close to it.
It's not a lot of crime, the occasional teenage mischief before school starts and maybe before ends but nothing really serious.
The schools are great, including NLRHS-they have a great IB program (much more rigorous than the AP program).

NLR Schools (http://www.nlrsd.k12.ar.us/2008_nlr_schools.htm - broken link)

Pulaski Academy is all the way in LR but hey if you want to make that commute, more power to you and your wallet. I hope you drive a Prius or a Honda Civic hybrid.

Pulaski Academy ~ How to Apply

Best of luck and welcome!

Old 08-14-2008, 05:04 PM

350 posts, read 1,288,505 times
Lakewood is a nice, safe middle class neighborhood. I would live there.

Pulaski Academy is a decent drive away but is a great school. It is diverse with high academic standards and excellent sports programs. It is also essentially the highest priced school in Arkansas, along with Episcopal. My son goes there and we love it, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area