Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2009, 12:50 PM

61 posts, read 213,568 times

Advertisements

I want to move to Maumelle from Bryant. My kids start school this year. Ive gotten such mixed reviews of the Maumelle PSD that I wanted to see if anyone who has lived there can HELP!!! My two chioces there are Pine Forrest Elementary and Crystal Hill Elementary.

One lady who takes her kids to CHE said she loved it. greatschools.net has mixed parent reviews

Another told a friend of mine that she wont send her kids to Maumelle PSD that it was awful!!!

Any info about schools in Maumelle including Middle and High School would be great help to me. As I am going crazy trying to figure it all out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 01:05 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
It's like the world of business/customer service.
A pissed off customer will tell 7 friends. A satisfied customer will only tell one or two.

I don't have any personal experience with any of the schools and Maumelle schools are under the Pulaski County Special School District...not the city of Maumelle.

I think as with all schools, quality teachers matter but at the same time, parents have to take responsibility and be active. If you feel your child will need extra help, try to schedule a visit to the school and see what a typical day is like. I know towards the end of the year it isn't routine. I remember days where we basically had free days because it was toward the end of the year.

What is it you feel your child would need in a school?
What is a "great" or "good" school to you?

Arkansas Family Guide or something to that effect normally has a rating of good schools. I think you can find an archive at the Main Library in downtown Little Rock.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:10 PM

Default great school to me

Your right purple love. An angry customer does vent way more than a happy one.

Well I guess a good school to me is one where teachers talk to parents and encourage involvment. Maybe parents get to participate once a week or so in a classroom project or party. Where there is a diversity for children to do. ie Physical Education, Computer training, recess, and MOST Importantly a safe and encouraging learning environment. School Programs and plays.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:19 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTRY_ANGEL_HORSE View Post
Your right purple love. An angry customer does vent way more than a happy one.

Well I guess a good school to me is one where teachers talk to parents and encourage involvment. Maybe parents get to participate once a week or so in a classroom project or party. Where there is a diversity for children to do. ie Physical Education, Computer training, recess, and MOST Importantly a safe and encouraging learning environment. School Programs and plays.
Hmmm....a lot of schools don't do a lot of the events they used to do back when I was in school. (We had a school play every year, a field day, two recesses, lots of artwork displayed around the school, trips to the library, assemblies, and whenever you did well, the whole school was sure to learn about it. ::sigh:: I miss those days.)

I attend Landmark which is out in the boonies but I absolutely loved it and was heartbroken when I had to attend another school since we lived in Sherwood at the time.

Moving on........
I think a lot of teachers welcome parental involvement, provided you aren't trying to take over their classroom and aren't ALWAYS there.

I would say get involved with the PTA and if it's not active, try to get it active.

Are you able to get your children in to the NLR School District?
If so, I would recommend Lakewood Elementary if you are eligible to attend it.
I knew a lot of kids who lived in Maumelle and attended North Little Rock High.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:23 PM

Welp we live in Bryant right now but want to move to maumelle. Ive heard such great things about bryant public school district that I would hate to take my kids from a good place unless they were going to a place that was better or at least the same. Not worse.

I like the lakewood area and heard great things about those schoools. But Maumelle is where my mom is moving and I have an Aunt there. They are no help with school info though

Old 06-06-2009, 04:24 PM

11 posts, read 25,479 times
My child attended Pine Forest for kindergarten this year and I had absolutely no problem with it. I hear that Pine
Forest is a better choice than Crystal Hill. Just watch where you buy a house as the school district lines are really weird and do not make sense. You may live near Pine Forest but are zoned for Crystal Hill.

Old 06-06-2009, 04:25 PM

11 posts, read 25,479 times
Oh ya...I love Maumelle for raising kids!! Wonderful!! Great!! I cannot recommend it more!

Old 03-20-2010, 08:10 AM

245 posts, read 708,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abouttomove View Post
Oh ya...I love Maumelle for raising kids!! Wonderful!! Great!! I cannot recommend it more!
Can you elaborate a little more ? I would be interested in hearing from someone with kids who has lived in Maumelle area - Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area