Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 09:14 PM

38 posts, read 197,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRS159 View Post
I lived in Benton for a couple of years. I worked in Bryant because it was only about 10 minutes to my job. Bryant is newer; therefore, a little more taxable. Yet, both towns have the advantages. I still have family in both places. You have your "good" parts of town and your "bad" parts of town. Just live in Bauxite. It is right between the two. That way, the only hard decision is which Wal-Mart to go to.
I'm looking to buy a house in Bryant. Where are the "bad" parts of town?

Old 07-05-2007, 08:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,600 times
Wink pretty much the same!

I moved to Benton four years ago, but grew up in Conway (which is the next main town northwest of Little Rock, not another planet). Benton and Bryant literally bump up against one another, but people who grew up in Bryant, and even some LR people, will insist Bryant is better. But no one has given me a good, concrete answer as to why. I have even been told Benton has a certain "smell" about it - a smell I have yet to notice!! Even though I grew up not too far from here, I never knew - or concerned myself with - the difference the Alcoa Road exit makes. The area is even commonly referred to as the "Benton/Bryant area" by the rest of central Arkansas.

The good news is the "area" as a whole is growing. You will just be one of us who will forever shake your head and shrug at all the fuss when it comes up! What you will love/hate about one, you would love/hate about the other.

If you do move to Benton and you happen upon a smug look, press them for a reason. If they give you one that's got more to it than "it's just...better" or if you notice a Benton smell yourself, please let me know.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area