Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 03:58 PM

163 posts, read 616,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by c130j View Post
Even better, I'm in N.LR so it shouldn't be very far at all. Do you think they'll accept Norwegians too?
Of course. They love Norwegians. Except don't mention your viking relatives pillaging up and down the Irish coast in the old days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 05:48 PM

837 posts, read 2,249,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c130j View Post
Hi all, thanks for your feedback. I found that Setanta Sports is my friend, they show most big games from the Premier League, including ManUtd-Birmingham. It turns out the pub Cregeens in LR has this channel. They won't be open at 7.30am, though there will be a replay at 5pm. So as long as I can keep myself from getting to know the result during those hours of delay, it should be just like watching live! Come on down and watch the game if you're interested, I'll definately be there some time before 5!

Harald
that's awesome! have fun!

Old 08-12-2009, 06:07 PM

634 posts, read 1,448,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannu View Post
your best bet is either setanta or fox sports, which you can get on cable or satellite. If you get both channels, then you will not miss out on any of the weekend games. Word of warning though: Your saturdays will be shot, because they start broadcasting live games at 6 a.m. Central time (to coincide with early games across the water) and continue throughout the day.

Pity about united though ............ Who will finish behind liverpool in the premier this year.
come on the reds!!!! Liiiiiiverpooool! Liiiiiverpooool!

Old 08-14-2009, 07:42 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,537,659 times
Unless I missed something, I believe Setanta lost their rights to broadcast EPL matches. So, outside of finding a local bar, I would get a cable or satellite package that includes Fox Sports Channel. Even then, you won't get all of your ManUre, er, Man U matches. ESPN won rights to show EPL matches in Britain via Sky Sports, but I don't know if that will ever carry here in the U.S.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:05 PM

163 posts, read 616,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Unless I missed something, I believe Setanta lost their rights to broadcast EPL matches. So, outside of finding a local bar, I would get a cable or satellite package that includes Fox Sports Channel. Even then, you won't get all of your ManUre, er, Man U matches. ESPN won rights to show EPL matches in Britain via Sky Sports, but I don't know if that will ever carry here in the U.S.
Yeah, you missed something. Setanta still shows Premier League games, including the United vs. Birmingham City game on Sunday.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:17 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,537,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HANNU View Post
Yeah, you missed something. Setanta still shows Premier League games, including the United vs. Birmingham City game on Sunday.
Ah, I just looked it up. Apparently what I said was only applicable in the U.K.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area