Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 03:03 PM

807 posts, read 2,516,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strumpeace View Post
My favorite burgers in LR:

Buffalo Grill and
Arkansas Burger Co.
Ditto! ABC is the best IMO,but my wife says Burger Mama's is her favorite. I gotta mention Cotham's in Scott,and The Hop. The Purple Cow MIGHT be the best if they used sesame seed buns. I love the Buffalo Grill,but I'm mad at them for screwing up the veggie nachos.

Rex Nelson gives props to the little drive-in in Prothro Junction so I will have to give it a shot sometime. I've driven by it several times,but I've never stopped there. Rex knows his food too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 04:56 PM

837 posts, read 2,249,935 times
we just got back from Five Guys. I don't eat burgers, but the fries were not the religious experience one might be led to expect. though they were abundant! the kid thought his burger was good but certainly not the best in town.

also, no beer!

Old 11-20-2009, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenni-b View Post
we just got back from Five Guys. I don't eat burgers, but the fries were not the religious experience one might be led to expect. though they were abundant! the kid thought his burger was good but certainly not the best in town.

also, no beer!
How busy were they??

Old 11-20-2009, 10:18 AM

it was early, about 5, and there were only a couple of people there when we arrived, but they were steadily coming in as we ate and when we left.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:42 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,309,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpcfg View Post
Just ate there... It really is a great burger. Everything is fresh. The Fries were awesome (not limp and greasy as described above about a Colorado Five Guys). I mentioned it to the manager and they said if they were greasy they were not prepared the Five Guys way which includes cutting the fries fresh every day.

Be warned the little burger is really a regular burger and the burger is a double patty. Also the regular fry is gigantic enough for 2-3 to share and still have leftovers
Heh heh..You summed it up right there.

The fries are always fresh and cut in-store...Some of the best i've had.

As for other posters..true..there are probably "better" burgers, but IMO, Five Guys is among the best and the service is impeccable.

For the skeptics, at least give them a try. You will be in for a treat.

We have three stores here in York, PA and they have had a great following here.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:44 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,309,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenni-b View Post

also, no beer!

They want to keep things simple and family friendly, though I will admit a nice cold beer would wash these burgers down well!

Old 11-20-2009, 11:26 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,259,947 times
Only in Little Rock will people get this excited over the opening of a fast food chain...

Old 11-20-2009, 01:51 PM

ain't nobody that damn excited, bchris.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:15 PM

138 posts, read 410,306 times
Ate at 5 Guys on Wednesday. First off, it was expensive....$21 and change for two burgers, fries and drink. Burger was okay, nothing special, fries were pretty good, but could have been cooked more. I did like that they use what seems to be popcorn salt maybe on the fries so every bite is salted.

I admit that I spend about this amount at Chili's for two borgers, fries, and drinks....but Chilis burgers and fries are far better.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncronejr View Post
Ate at 5 Guys on Wednesday. First off, it was expensive....$21 and change for two burgers, fries and drink. Burger was okay, nothing special, fries were pretty good, but could have been cooked more. I did like that they use what seems to be popcorn salt maybe on the fries so every bite is salted.

I admit that I spend about this amount at Chili's for two borgers, fries, and drinks....but Chilis burgers and fries are far better.
Chili's better? C'mon now dude....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area