Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2009, 07:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,344 times

Advertisements

My husband and I and our two girls (ages 18 months and 3 years) are hoping to move to the area soon. We have family in Malvern, AR and want to be as close to them as possible but my husband will likely be working in Conway. We were told to stay away from West LR. We are looking at Maumelle, Sherwood, and North Little Rock. It seems that all of those areas are a 30 min commute for my husband to go to work, and about 45-50 min to Malvern to visit family.

What do you guys know about the public schools in those areas? I've read some good and not so good stuff about all, and I NEED someone to set the record straight, please! My girls aren't in school yet obviously, but they will be before we know it.

What are the pros and cons about each area? Sorry I have lots of questions, but the info on the internet is so conflicting and overwhelming.

Thanks in advance!

~Jenni
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 05:47 PM

3 posts, read 7,247 times
A good school to think about is Jacksonville Christian Academy in Jacksonville. It's about 15 mins from Sherwood, maybe less. The school is cheap, and it'll be a good education. The public schools are horrible here.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:07 AM

837 posts, read 2,249,584 times
Why were you told to stay away from West Little Rock? I mean, I personally wouldn't prefer to live there, but I like living in a historic area. But lots of people love WLR.

I don't know much about the schools in the three areas you mentioned, but I would like to vouch for the magnet schools in the LRSD. I really get tired of people trashing the public schools across the board.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,179 times
There are some excellent neighborhood schools in Little Rock in addition to the magnet schools. (Jefferson, Fulbright, Forest Park) Many people prefer to put their children in private schools because it sounds more chic or for religious reasons. However, most of the national merit scholars from this area attend public schools.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:57 AM

27 posts, read 57,968 times
I want to know more as well.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:34 PM

15 posts, read 25,976 times
You should really do some research on theLRSD because there is some great schools but just like anywhere else there are some schools which are not so great and things are being done to fix the problem. West LR is one of the better places in the city. dont know who told you to stay away but its for the most part safe and its also where they are building up the most. But im like jenni i just like the historic area. LRSD Elementary-Booker, Fullbright, David o Dodd/ Middle School- Horace Mann\High School- Parkview,and Central(has a bad rep but my wife and sister went and if you are about your buisness its a really good school. There are many more besides these im just giving my opinion where you could start because some of these schools offer special courses that others dont for example booker elementary you can take piano and other things while still in elementary.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:22 PM

5 posts, read 11,148 times
Well I don't know if you have decided yet but Cabot is a good area (although it would be better if you are white since Cabot has a history of being like 98% white) but Cabot has one, if not the best, school districts in the state and it brings you closer to Conway than NLR or Sherwood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area