Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2010, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 3,514 times

Advertisements

hello. i am interested in having a driveway installed (not replaced, installed in new location with new approach(curb cut)) and fence installed. i would like to do the legal way and obtain permits and cc's for them. problem is i have a shed and deck on property w/o cc.

when they come to inspect driveway, will i not be issued a cc b/c of lack of certificates on other items at property?

i plan to go to expediter at some time to get cc for deck and shed but dont have money to do both new proper installs and remedy old stuff.

any insight on the topic would be greatly appreciated. while i want to do the right and legal thing with the new installations, it appears i may have do new installs w/o permits and then go to expediter to get maintain use status on everything once i can afford. any other solutions/options?

i have fairly new survey which does not show new stuff on it (2003)

thanks.

Last edited by haclaw; 06-18-2010 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: want to put on li ny forum but dont know how
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 02:24 PM
GPC

1,308 posts, read 3,414,272 times
This is a potential can of worms. If the Town of Hempstead is like the Town of North Hempstead, you'll have to get an updated survey. 2003 isn't 'new' enough; you'll need a current survey which will then show the other items you never got permits for. Be prepared to legalize them. This will involve architect's drawings, fees, and potential work to bring everything up to code. Of course, you should also factor in headaches, red-tape nightmares, and many frustrating phone calls. I still think you should do it since you'll likely have to deal with all of this someday anyway when you go to sell. It'll be alot easier to deal with the hassles now when you don't have a pending sale hanging over your head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: