Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 09:25 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequadude View Post
whats funny is hearing people crave about all these fast food places as if they were the latest thing in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
See it's not a craving, it's about what they have. People are curious about the taste of the unknown (for many). When I went to Panera Bread for the first time when I was out of state, I was curious. After tasting it I realized that it was nothing special and was overpriced. It was along the same lines as a Starbucks. Teenagers think that if you're holding a Starbucks cup, you are projecting a certain image to onlookers and now PB is also in that category. If it was a good cup of coffee i'd understand but it is bitter crap. Back to Sonic; after one or two times people might return but it wont be crazy the way it is now. Now it's a novelty, 6 months later it will be another option as a fast food choice and nothing else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 10:11 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar99 View Post
pretty sad but i think this Thread Will make it to 50

Pepole Dying in Walmart now their Beating down the Doors at Sonic
(Figure of speech) are you all Starving that Bad!!

I would suggest you may want to indulge in a little self reflection prior to casting aspersions.

Try reading your own posts.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:50 AM

338 posts, read 777,799 times
Quote:
whats funny is hearing people crave about all these fast food places as if they were the latest thing in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

whats even worse is that some people on here are fast food experts!

Old 04-30-2011, 10:51 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
Anyone been there yet? Reviews? What do you all recommend I try on my first visit (which probably won't happen until June, I want to wait till the mad rush dies down a bit)?

Old 04-30-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Anyone been there yet? Reviews? What do you all recommend I try on my first visit (which probably won't happen until June, I want to wait till the mad rush dies down a bit)?
Give it another week or 2 but what I remember from the past were that the drinks were very good and the tater tots.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
whats even worse is that some people on here are fast food experts!
Well some of us are food experts for all cuisine. We just don't frequent the fast food places.

Old 04-30-2011, 03:43 PM

929 posts, read 2,068,637 times
Ok, I had to drive up DPA today (not by choice) and went past the Sonic. At first I thought the line didn't look that bad, until I realized it wrapped down the street for five blocks. That's ridunculous!!!!! Not that I'm someone to measure patience by; I wouldn't wait on line to cash in a Mega Millions ticket. It would probably be quicker to drive to the next nearest Sonic in NJ somewhere and come back than wait on that long a line for a hot dog with a pickle.

Old 04-30-2011, 03:57 PM

208 posts, read 492,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
I would suggest you may want to indulge in a little self reflection prior to casting aspersions.

Try reading your own posts.
that Deserves a Hell NO

Old 04-30-2011, 06:13 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,146,742 times
Sonics isn't in the same class as In-n-Out, 5 Guys, Cheeburger Cheeburger or even Wendy's. It's not that it's bad but it isn't a big deal.

Now Chick-fil-a is something to get excited about.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:10 PM

929 posts, read 2,068,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
Sonics isn't in the same class as In-n-Out, 5 Guys, Cheeburger Cheeburger or even Wendy's. It's not that it's bad but it isn't a big deal.

Now Chick-fil-a is something to get excited about.
Yeah, I have yet to meet any restaurant that was good enough to wait more than one drink at the bar for a table. I don't care the exclusivity or the rarity of the cuisine, it all concludes with the same result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island