Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 10:32 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times

Advertisements

And the older folks who dont know how to text are doing much better by using the Call Waiting feature or the Conference Call feature on their celly?

Give technology time. Someone will come come up with the technology to pickup keyloggers from text messages while driving. Or will this be an invasion of privacy issue?

Oh wait it already exists: Mobile Spy - Cell Phone Keylogger, Text Message Spy Software - Get Copies of Text Messages
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 08:05 AM

939 posts, read 2,311,572 times
texting has enabled me to perfect the art of steering with my knees

Old 07-31-2010, 09:42 AM

581 posts, read 1,244,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jf2737 View Post
Nothing wrong with that.

LOL I know. Thats why I say its dangerous.

Eventually you will start speeding.

Stepping on the brake when you arent supposed to.

Sudden pull over.

Swerving in and out of lane...for what reason?

PRETENDING you are observing....

But on the bright side, if you know whats good for ya, you will pull over. LOL

Old 07-31-2010, 12:11 PM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times
BTW...texting while driving is what they call a "secondary" offense, which means the cops can't pull you over soley for texting while driving, they need to stop you for something else as well and then get you for the texting on top of the other charge.
I just read that in the DMV handbook.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:24 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,475,701 times
I have to ask this question - why all the multitasking? Is it necessary that you be in contact with every one you know at a moments notice? Can you just, like, drive a car, go home, check your email and make a phone call then listen to some music.
When did life become "all at once?"
Where is this crazed urgency coming from?

Old 07-31-2010, 05:26 PM

5,521 posts, read 7,109,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I have to ask this question - why all the multitasking? Is it necessary that you be in contact with every one you know at a moments notice? Can you just, like, drive a car, go home, check your email and make a phone call then listen to some music.
When did life become "all at once?"
Where is this crazed urgency coming from?
I'm with you. Unfortunately the society we live in is "instant this", "instant that"
God forbid people wait for anything. Nobody has patience anymore, and the younger generation has none!

Old 07-31-2010, 06:05 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,475,701 times
NYTom mad respect! Attempted to give you rep but the powers that be forbade it.
I am not going to be marginalized as old or not with the times or WTF because I do not see the need for these potentially dangerous, rude and weird needs for constant contact and amusement
Amuse this..

Old 07-31-2010, 06:25 PM

939 posts, read 2,311,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
\ Nobody has patience anymore, and the younger generation has none!
that's funny... i see plenty of 40+ year old people on their phones while driving

Old 07-31-2010, 06:44 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
I watched the car in front of me weave over the lines, slow up, speed up. I knew they had to be texting. Sure enough, passed her up, she was texting AND smoking a cigarette. Not sure who was steering!

With all this texting, social skills will be nonexistent in the future for those in their teens and 20's (not to mention poor spelling!)

Old 08-01-2010, 12:02 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
But how will Stacey Homemaker drive Kids 1,2,3,4 and 5 to Soccerdancedramagymnastics class while gossiping with her friends about how Tracey Housemaker totally got into an accident because of someone holding up a sign on the LIE.
You forgot that Tracey is not only engaged in a cell phone conversation but is also juggling a mochalottafrappalinococoachino while trying not to smudge the fresh French manicure she just had done at Mimi's House of Dragon Nails where kids 1,2,3,4 and 5 ran about like mad dogs upsetting the clientele who failed to see how Tracey's children are angels who never do anything wrong in nail salons or restaurants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island