Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 07:42 PM

718 posts, read 620,358 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

Looking for some new tires for my truck. What stores locally in Suffolk County are good to deal with, decent prices , service etc.

I tired locating a set of 4 to save some money but it seems impossible to find 4 exact tires as a set.

I'm also open to online websites as well.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 08:34 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,236,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj2013 View Post
Hello all,

Looking for some new tires for my truck. What stores locally in Suffolk County are good to deal with, decent prices , service etc.

I tired locating a set of 4 to save some money but it seems impossible to find 4 exact tires as a set.

I'm also open to online websites as well.

Thanks
All Weather Tires. depot rd huntington station
Have been going there for years . Fast service, tremendous stock. They give you "out the door" price, which includes everything but alignment. No surprises on the bill.(there is a $2.50 disposal fee per tire I think). Prices are the best.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:38 PM

397 posts, read 515,963 times
Yep... Been going there for close to 20 years now. Quick, fair pricing, always deals with any issues in a professional manner.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:55 PM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimeliguy View Post
Have been going there for years . Fast service, tremendous stock. They give you "out the door" price, which includes everything but alignment. No surprises on the bill.(there is a $2.50 disposal fee per tire I think). Prices are the best.
Yup, they've been the best deal in town for a loooong time.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:13 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,541,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimeliguy View Post

+1 to All Weather

I will also add that Mavis Discount has been getting more competitive. I needed a tire quickly on a day All Weather was closed and I was surprised at the pricing.

That said, I would still consider All Weather my first choice. Good price, quickest in/out you will ever see and they have a great selection. They even had tires for my trailer in-stock.

also... you can find some good deals online, but remember that you still need to have those tires mounted and balanced. In the end, it is usually less expensive and easier to get them locally. The only tires I buy online are ATV tires, because I can't find anyone local who will sell them (at least the brands I like).

Old 08-25-2015, 11:54 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,155,300 times
All Weather Tires for me as well, for about 30 years

Good prices, great selection in stock and fast service; if you have questions, you'll get a straight answer. That's all they do (and have been doing for a very long time), so they truly know what they're doing.

Old 08-26-2015, 12:27 PM

718 posts, read 620,358 times
I'll have to check that place out. It's nice to get a place with a decent selection. Costco and bjs only carry like two brands. Michelin and bridgestone which tend to be the most expensive tires.

Any other recommendations just for comparison?

Old 08-26-2015, 12:53 PM

730 posts, read 1,658,115 times
Also try B.J's wholesale club.

Not all of the clubs have a tire facility but free rotation and balancing for the life of the tires.

While their stock is not that diverse, they can order what you want and usually have it next day.

I combine my tire services with shopping and get both done at the same time, and earn points on my membership.

If you get there early, no waiting and by the time you complete your wholesale shopping, the car is done.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:29 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,760,834 times
I've been very happy with City Tire in Centereach, on Middle Country Rd. They've never tried to sell me anything I didn't need. Other people I've sent there also like them.

Old 08-27-2015, 02:57 PM

20,936 posts, read 28,426,121 times
We have used tire rack.com. You could try sky firestone in Deer Park the guys name is Louie or try Mavis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island