Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 10:58 AM

322 posts, read 937,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
"Kitchen Nightmares" filmed quite a few episodes on LI. And wasn't there a reality show based in Fire Island a few years back?
There was a reality show based in Ocean Beach, Fire Island called One Ocean View. I think it was cancelled after the first episode.

I remember the first episode of the US version of Kitchen Nightmares was about Peter's Pasta and Cafe in Babylon Village. Was the beginning of the end for that place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 04:50 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,770,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGuyandGal View Post
There was a reality show based in Ocean Beach, Fire Island called One Ocean View. I think it was cancelled after the first episode.

I remember the first episode of the US version of Kitchen Nightmares was about Peter's Pasta and Cafe in Babylon Village. Was the beginning of the end for that place.

More details. What happened to that place? The only place that did well was Finn Mccool's

Old 11-07-2010, 12:09 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
More details. What happened to that place? The only place that did well was Finn McCool's
Here's some more followup on Peter's Pasta Place. I never really liked the way Peter acted and he deserved to go out of business.
I remember how Gordon Ramsay tried so hard to help him but it seemed that Peter was more interested in his drinking and his pigheaded
attitude and that I got the impression that he was incapable of either accepting honest criticism or working toward improving things there.
If I am not mistaken, his business was taken over and the space (132 w. Main St.) was integrated with or merged with, "The Post Office",
the successful restaurant which was immediately next door at 130 w. Main St.

Anyway, here's some followup: Peter's Italian Restaurant, Babylon, NY : Reviews and maps - Yahoo! Local

Old 11-09-2010, 10:45 AM

322 posts, read 937,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
Here's some more followup on Peter's Pasta Place. I never really liked the way Peter acted and he deserved to go out of business.
I remember how Gordon Ramsay tried so hard to help him but it seemed that Peter was more interested in his drinking and his pigheaded
attitude and that I got the impression that he was incapable of either accepting honest criticism or working toward improving things there.
If I am not mistaken, his business was taken over and the space (132 w. Main St.) was integrated with or merged with, "The Post Office",
the successful restaurant which was immediately next door at 130 w. Main St.

Anyway, here's some followup: Peter's Italian Restaurant, Babylon, NY : Reviews and maps - Yahoo! Local

The place was dead after the show aired. They advertised and even got a new head chef, but sadly it was the end for Peter's.

The first 3 or 4 restaurants portrayed on Kitchen Nightmares were on Long Island. I forget the name of the one he did in Islip but at the end of the episode it said the owner decided to sell a few months later. FYI, it is now a J&R's Steakhouse.

Old 11-09-2010, 04:42 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,770,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGuyandGal View Post
The place was dead after the show aired. They advertised and even got a new head chef, but sadly it was the end for Peter's.

The first 3 or 4 restaurants portrayed on Kitchen Nightmares were on Long Island. I forget the name of the one he did in Islip but at the end of the episode it said the owner decided to sell a few months later. FYI, it is now a J&R's Steakhouse.

The place in Mt. Sinai folded as well. I don't know what happened to the place in Bellmore. Finn McCool's in Westhampton is still doing very well. I think it's the only one from the LI restaurants.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:18 AM

2,845 posts, read 10,511,856 times
Forget reality shows....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8xIPNqreZo

Also there are two absolutely horrible sitcoms filmed exclusively on LI right now - Royal Pains and Running Wilde. I had high hopes for RW since it's done by the same guy who created Arrested Development, but what I've seen has been a big disappointment.

There was a pilot for a zombie show filmed around Baldwin and Uniondale a few years ago. They SHOULD have made this one cuz it was awesome....it was supposed to take place in Babylon. You can watch the whole thing on Google Video here, worth it just to check out the local scenery: Babylon Fields Pilot

Old 06-05-2013, 08:21 AM

584 posts, read 871,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
So isn't it about time we became the center of a great reality show? Something tasteful, fun and entertaining. What type of show would you watch about Long Island? The last show I even remembered set on LI was Growing Pains and Everybody loves Raymond. Both had high ratings. I saw one episode of some awful show about trashy wannabe rich LI girls on the E Network. I think it was cancelled after one episode. If they do make a reality show located on LI, I hope it's not just about the Hamptons.
Long Island finally has a reality show called Princesses of Long Isand but a far cry from tasteful. Its a bunch of girls feeding into the Jewish girls sterotype. It comes on Bravo.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:31 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,974,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equal-Opp. View Post
It comes on Bravo.
Bravo has been known for it's tasteful, respectful and intellectually stimulating broadcasting.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:34 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
I thought the show was dead on .....

Old 06-05-2013, 12:13 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
I thought the show was dead on .....
You actually watched it?

I couldn't bear to ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island