Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 08:51 AM

1,386 posts, read 5,346,250 times

Advertisements

I think you may be worrying about nothing. it sounds like the reason he sneaks his garbage cans thoat way is probably b/c we have 2 feet of snow and thats the path of least resistance so he doesn't have to dig another path.

when things return to normal, assuming there isn't somethign weird there, can he get his garbage to the street without going on your property? if so, I don't think you have a problem.

Even if it is a problem, it may make sense to address it after you move in, rather than causing an issue now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 09:04 AM
gag

683 posts, read 1,421,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelabella View Post
Why is he digging a path to "make it easier for the mailman" but our driveway isn't getting cleared until we get to it so how is that making it easier for him to deliver our mail. I think it's for the convenience of the garbage. I don't want him bringing them back and forth if I have cars parked out there. What should I do? Should I just let it go for now and not make waves with the new neighbors for now? Should I say something? Maybe wait until i move in....... Should I consider putting a fence up?

I guess by the same logic, he can't use your driveway for the garbage either until you clear it.

So, just don't clear yours, and park in his driveway when it's cleared.

Tell him, if you want to bring the cans down mine, you'll have to clear it yourself.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:11 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,705,479 times
Why anyone would worry about a neighbor simply walking down the driveway with some garbage is beyond me.

Is it going to affect you so much that a neighor walks on your property. Not exactly like he is building something on it.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:15 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Why anyone would worry about a neighbor simply walking down the driveway with some garbage is beyond me.

Is it going to affect you so much that a neighor walks on your property. Not exactly like he is building something on it.

The way I am reading it is that the neighbor is NOT walking down the driveway...he's digging a path across part of her yard to get the trash to the street, and using the mailman as an excuse. Come thawing weather, mud and Spring she's going to have a worn or damaged section of front lawn if that's the case.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:48 AM

Oh Please Oh Bee Have..its not like grass cant grow again. Besides..there was no talk in the OP of them cutting across the lawn.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:53 AM

10 posts, read 14,535 times
Only people on LI would get so bent out of shape about something so silly! Who cares if he walks on your lawn. Why must we make such a big deal out of everything?? In other parts of the country, people walk on eachothers lawns, help eachother plow, cut sections of lawns that don't belong to them, etc. Goodness people.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:21 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,953,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobeNYer View Post
Only people on LI would get so bent out of shape about something so silly! Who cares if he walks on your lawn. Why must we make such a big deal out of everything?? In other parts of the country, people walk on eachothers lawns, help eachother plow, cut sections of lawns that don't belong to them, etc. Goodness people.

Also in other parts of the country.... The would put a buck shot to your backside for just standing on their property. No disrespect to my friends that live just west of my county

Old 02-03-2011, 01:42 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,162,026 times
You could be like Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino "Get off my Lawn" LOL

Old 02-03-2011, 01:52 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Oh Please Oh Bee Have..its not like grass cant grow again. Besides..there was no talk in the OP of them cutting across the lawn.

Quote:
The neighbor stops to tell me that he digs a path between his property and onto mine to make it easy for the mailman to deliver our mail because he sympathizes for them in this weather. He says he doesn't use our property or our driveway so we shouldn't worry except he sneaks his garbage cans onto the road that way.
Yes, the grass can be replanted, but why should the homeowner have to replant the lawn when it wasn't the neighbor's place to possibly damage it in the first place? Moving into a new home, there's plenty to be done -- who needs more work which was completely avoidable?

OP writes "he digs a path between his property and onto mine...he doesn't use our property...except he sneaks his garbage cans onto the road that way."

Yes, the neighbor is using the path he dug on her property as a ROW to get the garbage out.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:15 PM

My neighbor has done that in the past. Easier for him to dig a small path from his house to my driveway to take his garbage cans out.

What's the big deal? That he stepped on my driveway?

Oh come on...more things to be concerned about than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island