Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 01:25 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times

Advertisements

The best I have done to date was knock about 60% off a bill buying only that which I needed or used, and which had a shelf life. It is very gratifying to save that; in contrast, paying a pittance must be a rush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 03:10 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,729,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
What is ShopRites policy re double coupons? I've been clipping and noticed Shoprite and Pathmark have the better sale prices.

You can go to the website of any of the stores and print out their coupon policy. I carry a copy of each store's policy in my coupon binder just in case.

As for Shop Rite? In short:

they will double up to and inluding 99 cents

they will only double 4 of the same coupon. ex: You can have ten 50 cents off Ragu coupons, but they will only double the first 4.

sale items: there is a typical limit of 4 on any sale item; the rest will ring up at full price.

I LOOOOOVE Shop Rite! They really have great prices and great sales.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:03 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,974,680 times
If only people would apply their brainpower to actual problems instead of how to save 5$, maybe the world would be a better place

Old 12-09-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
If only people would apply their brainpower to actual problems instead of how to save 5$, maybe the world would be a better place
I save a lot more than $5 when I use my coupons and it makes my world a little better when I have an extra $50 or $60 saved rather than handing it to a grocery store corporation. And before you say it, no I don't spend "hours" on my couponing. I may spend an hour a week clipping, organizing and perusing my sale circular before going to the store. I think $50-$60 per hour is pretty good!

Old 12-09-2012, 07:22 PM

Something people should keep in mind.... the stores in the "extreme coupon" shows often "relax" their coupon policy or nix the sale item limit to be featured on the show.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
Stretching your dollars and keeping more of it in your pocket doesn't take hours. I plan my menu for the week, clip coupons, check circulars and shop accordingly. I save between $30-$50 weekly. If I purchased more frozen or canned produce, as opposed to fresh, my savings would be higher.

I also clip for items I don't use but donate to the food pantry. Last I checked, hunger was an actual problem.

Old 07-27-2014, 04:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,082 times
Default Many of the extreme couponers

Many of the extreme couponers donate to those less fortunate than themselves. While some may be selfish, others may do it for survival, and others yet to be good Samaritans.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:59 AM

252 posts, read 420,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved1ny View Post
Many of the extreme couponers donate to those less fortunate than themselves. While some may be selfish, others may do it for survival, and others yet to be good Samaritans.
This!

I was at the pathmark in West babylon approximately 2 years ago and witnessed an extreme couponer in action. It was fascinating. She said her retired husband orders the coupons and then cross references the sale circular for each store.

She bought at least 20 half gallons of almond milk, tubs of butter, 20 bottles of mustard and mayonaise, etc. Bill was $110 dollars. After coupons, came to $8.12. I was amazed.

I asked what she would do with all of it and she said that her and her husband bring it to elderly people in her neighborhood and then donate the leftover to her Church's outreach program.

Was well worth the wait on line behind her.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman140 View Post
This!

I was at the pathmark in West babylon approximately 2 years ago and witnessed an extreme couponer in action. It was fascinating. She said her retired husband orders the coupons and then cross references the sale circular for each store.

She bought at least 20 half gallons of almond milk, tubs of butter, 20 bottles of mustard and mayonaise, etc. Bill was $110 dollars. After coupons, came to $8.12. I was amazed.

I asked what she would do with all of it and she said that her and her husband bring it to elderly people in her neighborhood and then donate the leftover to her Church's outreach program.

Was well worth the wait on line behind her.
Thank you for sharing this positive story. Wonderful to know there are such good-hearted people out there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island