Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 11:16 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
So we moved from Nassau to Suffolk because DW had a great job offer, but as they say, the grass is always greener. Suffolk is nice but it's not home. The schools aren't as good, the beaches are too clean, the pizza is a joke, there aren't enough sidewalks, there isn't enough bus service, it's too far from Queens, Suffolk doesn't have a professional hockey team, the people in Rocky Point are always looking down their noses at us and most of all there's no Kate Murray to watch out for us. We also miss our family and friends but we get to see them when we fly back into town for the holidays.

So has anyone else moved from Nassau to Suffolk and wanted to move back?
I moved from Queens years ago and wound up in Suffolk with tons of friends in Nassau. I've lived in many different parts of Suffolk and have worked in almost all of the towns in the county (because my private business is cable contracting).What alot of Nassau has become is the wanna-be city. If I wanted more of a city life i'd surely go to Queens, or Brooklyn than a wanna be area. Another thing- most of my friends consider me the food critic of our group and NO nassau pizza can compare to Colisseo in pjs. If I want a better pizza i'd have to PASS THROUGH NASSAU and hit brooklyn or manhattan. I know you have your preference and you like to rag on Crooks when you can , but next time keep your comments intelligent, otherwise you make yourself look real stupid as you did here.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:18 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,245,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I moved from Queens years ago and wound up in Suffolk with tons of friends in Nassau. I've lived in many different parts of Suffolk and have worked in almost all of the towns in the county (because my private business is cable contracting).What alot of Nassau has become is the wanna-be city. If I wanted more of a city life i'd surely go to Queens, or Brooklyn than a wanna be area. Another thing- most of my friends consider me the food critic of our group and NO nassau pizza can compare to Colisseo in pjs. If I want a better pizza i'd have to PASS THROUGH NASSAU and hit brooklyn or manhattan. I know you have your preference and you like to rag on Crooks when you can , but next time keep your comments intelligent, otherwise you make yourself look real stupid as you did here.

Now I am interested, please expand on how Nassau is "wanna-be city".

Old 04-26-2011, 11:21 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
Must be slow on the Virginia board today...
The only thing SLOW is the people on this board who think this is a real post

We even got our resident fast-food maven claiming to be Ruth Reichl of the east. It's just a classic on the LI forum.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:30 AM

4,698 posts, read 8,760,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
Must be slow on the Virginia board today...
or maybe just slow in Virgina...

Old 04-26-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
The only thing SLOW is the people on this board who think this is a real post

We even got our resident fast-food maven claiming to be Ruth Reichl of the east. It's just a classic on the LI forum.
At then end of the day, I am just a "wanna be" from Nassau that knows nothing about pizza so how would I know?

Old 04-26-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by long island POSTER View Post
here is a poem i wrote 4 "livejournl" about movin 2 suffolk from nassau, from wen i moved 2 suffolk 3yrs ago. its about finding urself. my life coach told me it was very intosprective of the human conditions
and that's not even the funniest part of this post...

Old 04-26-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I don't even know where to go with this...lol..

As for "wanna-be city", that just doesn't make any sense.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
I don't even know where to go with this...lol..

As for "wanna-be city", that just doesn't make any sense.
What don't you understand? He has "tons" of friends in Nassau and they ALL consider him the "food critic of their "group". He has also worked in every town in the county (Suffolk I think) and he said that he would have to pass through Nassau to get good pizza so it must be true.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:14 PM

208 posts, read 492,217 times
are you guys seriouisly Fighting over Pizza
Who The_____ cares (its pizza)

Old 04-26-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar99 View Post
are you guys seriouisly Fighting over Pizza
Who The_____ cares (its pizza)
Who is fighting over pizza? Someone told us how it is, and that is final.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island