Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 10:34 AM

112 posts, read 218,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
....I was only curious as to why they seemed to go a little softer on her....
The justice system is always softer on females.

In my opinion , she should be charged the same as Laffer. She may not have known he was going to kill those poor people , but she , later , knew that he had and she didn't call the police. I'd be willing to bet that the mother knew too and also kept her mouth shut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 10:36 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,320,658 times
If this bag of crud hangs himself in his cell I'll not shed tears aplenty.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:43 AM

745 posts, read 1,504,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandCitizen View Post
Hence the statement "most other states"

Reading comprehension wasn't your strong suit. No big deal until you display it on a public forum.

And a plea is a deal worked out between the prosecution and the defense in lieu of a trial for the benefit of the defense. Lets not be ignorant.
Haha, ok pal. My reading comprehension is just fine, maybe you should reexamine your logical reasoning skills if you think mentioning what other states would have done has any relevance to what happened here. Fact is- Laffer got the harshest sentence available. How did that benefit the defense in any possible way?

Old 09-10-2011, 11:46 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I would just really like to see an interview (uncompensated of course) with this loser so I can get my head around why he killed all these people and escalated a simple robbery into a mass killing. The guy must have had some psychotic tendencies prior to becoming a drug addict.
Yes. He shot them in cold blood. There was no resistance from the victims. He could have just taken what he came for and left. Awful, awful story. I hope he gets beat down every day in prison.

Old 09-10-2011, 02:03 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,799,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandCitizen View Post
A plea bargain means they made a deal with the prosecution for leniency.
They don't deserve to make any deals.
Mr. Laffer, 33, faces a maximum sentence of life imprisonment, and prosecutors plan to ask Judge James C. Hudson of Suffolk County Court,
to impose four consecutive sentences of life without parole. A fifth life sentence, for committing multiple killings as part of the same crime, would
be served concurrently, as would 25-year sentences for four counts of criminal use of a firearm, which he also pleaded guilty to.

So, where do we see Mr. Laffer making ANY deal with the prosecutor, most especially when he has no bargaining chips, no possible defense
and nothing to mitigate his actions? Laffer knows that NY does not have a death penalty, so he's not going to be executed, a condition that he
might've been eager to avoid by entering his guilty plea, hoping for leniency, so perhaps you will be able to point out this "plea bargain", or "deal",
that you seem to feel that our "gutless" prosecutor offered him?

Would you care to educate us boobs who seem to have missed your plea bargain point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island