Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 10:31 AM

6 posts, read 24,628 times

Advertisements

ladies and gentlemen,
I wonder if anybody can tell me how busy is New Hyde Park Road in Garden City?

According to my superficial impression GC is a greed of more or less busy streets, allowing for easy flow of traffic. New Hyde Park road does not seem to be one of the main drags. Still it looked busy to me at noon on a weekend.

How bad it gets during rush hours? Is it bad enough to make backing off your one-car driveway hard? Is it much noisier than most streets? What kind of traffic it gets on weekends/weekdays?

Thank you very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 11:15 AM

1,441 posts, read 2,752,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape_brooklyn View Post
ladies and gentlemen,
I wonder if anybody can tell me how busy is New Hyde Park Road in Garden City?

According to my superficial impression GC is a greed of more or less busy streets, allowing for easy flow of traffic. New Hyde Park road does not seem to be one of the main drags. Still it looked busy to me at noon on a weekend.

How bad it gets during rush hours? Is it bad enough to make backing off your one-car driveway hard? Is it much noisier than most streets? What kind of traffic it gets on weekends/weekdays?

Thank you very much.
Is it the same New Hyde Park Road as in exit 34 on the Expressway? If so yes it is busy being one of the last exits in Nassau County

Source: Used to take this exit when I lived in Franklin Square.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:37 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,775,030 times
I'm not sure where you are getting your impression from - it is one of the busiest roads in the village morning, noon, and night, weekdays and weekends. Yes it would be difficult to back your car out at any time, there are numerous accidents between Chester/Fairmount and Stewart. Check with the police.

Lots of truck traffic too, so yes it's noisy.

Those tudors are getting a lot of looks on this board; there was just this same question posed 2 days ago.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:53 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,744,488 times
I think I just saw the same $679k tudor everyone is drooling over... really nice house. Very busy road as others have said. But I bet you won't hear much noise in those homes with the windows shut. Rush hour is a mess for sure. You put that house on one of the blocks off Stewart and it's worth $1 Million easy, L,L,L.

This one? http://www.redfin.com/NY/Garden-City.../home/20460749

Old 09-16-2011, 12:01 PM

1,441 posts, read 2,752,415 times
So I guess I was right on my assumption of it being the same NYP road.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:10 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,295,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
I think I just saw the same $679k tudor everyone is drooling over... really nice house. Very busy road as others have said. But I bet you won't hear much noise in those homes with the windows shut. Rush hour is a mess for sure. You put that house on one of the blocks off Stewart and it's worth $1 Million easy, L,L,L.

This one? 116 New Hyde Park Rd, Garden City, NY 11530 | MLS# 2394273
What do you think of the pricing? Here's the history:

Quote:
Date Event Price Appreciation Source
Aug 09, 2011 Price Changed $679,000 -- MLSLI #2394273
Jul 19, 2011 Price Changed $695,000 -- MLSLI #2394273
May 11, 2011 Listed (New) $729,000 -- MLSLI #2394273
Jun 11, 2009 Sold (Public Records) $610,000 -2.1%/yr Public Records
May 31, 2005 Sold (Public Records) $665,000 -- Public Records
I think the current owners have been pretty damn greedy. They expected to make $129,000 in less than two years of home ownership?

I hope it goes for less than they paid (just like happened to the owners before them).

Greedy grubbers like this are the PROBLEM when it comes to LI real estate being priced unrealistically.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:45 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,744,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
What do you think of the pricing? Here's the history:

I think the current owners have been pretty damn greedy. They expected to make $129,000 in less than two years of home ownership?

I hope it goes for less than they paid (just like happened to the owners before them).

Greedy grubbers like this are the PROBLEM when it comes to LI real estate being priced unrealistically.
I'd be a little concerned with why this house is getting flipped twice within 6 years? .

it's sort of a catch-22. Great schools/area to raise a family but dangerous road to live on with young kids. Might be untouchable because of this... but a bargain for someone with kids out of grade school and looking for a prime area to live in.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:47 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,295,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
I'd be a little concerned with why this house is getting flipped twice within 6 years? .

it's sort of a catch-22. Great schools/area to raise a family but dangerous road to live on with young kids. Might be untouchable because of this... but a bargain for someone with kids out of grade school and looking for a prime area to live in.
I don't think it's a bargain at that price.

As for the flipping, well the first sell is for less than the owner paid for it, so it is probably financial difficulties on their part. The second flip, judging from the current owner's first asking price, was probably nothing more than sheer greed.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:17 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,775,030 times
It's a silly place to buy a flip, especially in the last few years. Those houses were never easy to sell. There's another one across the street, not in great shape, that finally sold after more than a year (and they had a circular drive so no backing out needed).

I lived near there...halfway down those side streets you can hear the trucks.

Old 09-16-2011, 03:27 PM

83 posts, read 254,842 times
My wife and I looked at both Tudor's and the light blue split for sale on NHP road. We have a 14 month old daughter and could just not get over the fact that we would always be worried where she was on the property.

The homes were great, the location was bad, we passed on them all.

Hope this helps, good luck...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island