Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 09:04 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,683,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
There are also Lindy homes south of Montauk in Copiague SD. ie. Minerva, Neptune off Inlet Rd. and Lido Prom., not north
If I'm reading the map correctly, that area appears to be in Copiague ("Lindenhurst, NY 11757" mailing address).

Beginning on the north and moving in a clockwise direction, the "Lindenhurst, NY 11757" ZIP Code postal zone includes all or part of the Hamlet of East Farmingdale, the Hamlet of North Lindenhurst, the Hamlet of West Babylon, the Village of Lindenhurst, the Hamlet of Copiague and the Hamlet of North Amityville.

A map of the "Lindenhurst, NY 11757" ZIP Code postal zone:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 09:07 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,683,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Why are there no listings then Walter?

Is mlsli wrong?

Crooks
As a general rule, MSLI.com lists a place's community by the name of the community that is in that place's mailing address.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:51 AM

2 posts, read 4,589 times
South of Montauk by W.Riviera and Lido Promenade all go to Copiague schools.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:44 PM

449 posts, read 1,132,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
There are also Lindy homes south of Montauk in Copiague SD. ie. Minerva, Neptune off Inlet Rd. and Lido Prom., not north
Yes, that's what I was talking about in my 2nd post.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:51 PM

449 posts, read 1,132,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckthedog View Post
I live in N. Lindenhurst, but honestly no one ever refers to it as that, except the firehouse. Seems to everyone else its just Lindenhurst.
My schools are Lindenhurst, so far I only have experience with the elementary schools, and think that other than some assinine policies and some of the staff in the school, it's really good. I get a good impression of the high school from the students I know that go there, however, that could be more upbringing, and association. I'm here about 7 years, and I like it a lot, would rather be in the village though, just cause, but not south of Montauk Hwy. I know it's more 'desirable' I just dont like the whole converted summer bungalow thing.
As for Ronkonkoma, I know really nothing about it, other than it's too far out for me. When I was buying, I didnt want anything east of Babylon.
I have to disagree, I think the only thing N. lindy and lindy village have IN COMMON are schools and zip code. I currently go to LHS, and apparentally a lot of village kids think that anywhere north of sunrise highway goes to Wyandanch schools and sometimes we get called intruders. North Lindy is lower-class and noticeably diverse.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:51 AM

195 posts, read 310,567 times
This is why I can't take the train to the Garden after 4:30 from Kings Park to get me there by 8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
Plus, it’s ridiculous how they have the Port Jefferson, Ronkonkoma and Oyster Bay Branches on two tracks during rush hour (they have very little reverse-peak service at that time). They should go ahead and add that third track on the Main Line.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:55 PM

18 posts, read 29,599 times
definitely lindenhurst over ronkonkoma. lindenhurst has better schools & is more quiet. ronkonkoma has more mixed population & has an airport.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:45 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,129,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellaPrice View Post
definitely lindenhurst over ronkonkoma. lindenhurst has better schools & is more quiet. ronkonkoma has more mixed population & has an airport.
Why was that necessary to mention? I'm surprised somebody from Brooklyn actually said that.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:34 AM

3,520 posts, read 5,702,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellaPrice View Post
Lindenhurst schools are better than Connequot? I dont think so.

Whats with the mixed population? There's mixed population everywhere. Males and Females live all over.... LOL

Old 03-25-2012, 07:35 PM

18 posts, read 29,599 times
no, not males & females, different races. brooklyn has much more mixture, then lindenhurst. we can't wait to move. tired of seeing mixed people & hearing different languages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island