Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Brentwood vs. Wyandanch, which is worse?
Brentwood 5 22.73%
Wyandanch 8 36.36%
It's a tie 8 36.36%
Other - post answer below 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 06:52 PM

1,441 posts, read 2,753,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
They did better than MS RP MP and SWR too pal.

Intel scholars dont grow on trees.Hell of an accomplishment for Brentwood Schools.They even gave 3v a run for their money.

I tip my hat.

Crooks
Well then apparently they grow on the Trees in Brentwood. Damn. I tip mine as well.

Savaged

Old 11-09-2011, 07:32 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,175,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
Yeah. I honestly am shocked with that. Good for them though...

I graduated from Floyd though and I honestly will tell you that MOST of teachers I had were very very good. I guess I got lucky...seeing as its one of the worst districts. Go figure.

Savaged
Listen, I know its been open season on Floyd.I know a few good teachers there.The District has a legacy of failure because it buys into the lie that water rises to its own level.They've essentially given up. Pat Med has too, its sad.
Fix your schools and you'll fix your town.Start with your Supt.

The success in Brentwood speaks volumes.

Crooks

Old 11-09-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Listen, I know its been open season on Floyd.I know a few good teachers there.The District has a legacy of failure because it buys into the lie that water rises to its own level.They've essentially given up. Pat Med has too, its sad.
Fix your schools and you'll fix your town.Start with your Supt.

The success in Brentwood speaks volumes.

Crooks

I don't care about this town enough to "fix" anything, for the millionth time! lol.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
I don't care about this town enough to "fix" anything, for the millionth time! lol.
Thats the spirit.

And you wonder why Shirley cant get out of its own way.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Thats the spirit.

And you wonder why Shirley cant get out of its own way.
No...I don't wonder that that all. It has been a dump for 30+ years. I could care less, its not my hometown.

Savaged

Old 11-09-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
No...I don't wonder that that all. It has been a dump for 30+ years. I could care less, its not my hometown.

Savaged
Actually bud...it is.

Crooks

Old 11-09-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Actually bud...it is.

Crooks
Oh ok thanks for telling me where i'm from. I always wanted a lesson on my own life.

I guess I was sleepwalking every day and every night I was walking around that other house...in a different county. How did I pull it off?

Old 11-09-2011, 10:15 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,592,671 times
It appears Brentwood is actually not in such bad shape according to the stats on City-Data. Average household income of near $70k (which I realize isn't much for Long Island, but still far from poor) and not a very high poverty or crime rate. What is so bad about the town?....OH WAIT...it's because it is mostly dark people who live there. And down in LI, if a town isn't at least 90% white; it is some place to "steer clear" of...that automatically makes it dangerous and ghetto. Also, I see that the majority of the town's population is hispanic, those must be all of the "illegal aliens" so often referred to on the LI forum. Hmmmm and how exactly do you all know they are illegal? Are you an ICE employee who knows for a fact that NONE of them have their proper documents? OR do you just happen to assume that anyone who speaks Spanish and has caramel colored skin must be "illegal".

I'm shocked so many of you move to NC. You know NC has THE fastest growing hispanic population of any state right? Also, and don't get too scared now; there are many towns and whole counties down there that have a MAJORITY black population!! Sorry to ruin the surprise for you all.

No wonder LI has been rated as the most segregated region of the country.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:25 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,129,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandPerson View Post
HIGHER AVG. HOUSEHOLD INCOME: BRENTWOOD-67,376: WYANDANCH- $50,393. But household size can affect this figure so they are probably about the same.
//www.city-data.com/city
WINNER: BRENTWOOD.
If you want to factor in household sizes, Brentwood still comes out on top, though by a smaller margin.

Wyandanch:
Per capita income: $17,147
Poverty rate: 18.5%

Brentwood:
Per capita income: $19,730
Poverty rate: 8.0%

* All figures obtained from the respective city-data pages.

So Brentwood is clearly the wealthier of the two, even with a larger average household size.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:25 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,996,459 times
does it Really Matter the 2 of them are full of lowlifes who cares witch is worse.
still never step foot in their unless you have a death wish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island