Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 10:51 AM

7 posts, read 9,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Connecticut, New Jersey saw the worst of the storm and as of last weekend, a few areas in CT were still without power. Does your fiancé travel for work? If he ended up in one of those areas, it could explain the silence.

I hope everything goes well; never mind the codger's duff posts.
He works on long island 2 jobs,,,neither are able to give me info due to privacy....thanks for your kindness...means a lot in times like this.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:42 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,899 times
Forget emailing the police..unlikely you will get a response. Find his local police precinct and give them a call. They may be able to contact him.

As far as calling his employers, i find it strange that they wouldnt be concerned enough not to let you know if he is at least showing up at work

Maybe he is not a "new babe" kind of guy but maybe he doesnt want to be in contact with you anymore.

So is this a long distance romance? Please fill us in, this is interesting and more livelier than what the best steakhouse threads.

Hope all is ok with him, unfortunately, hospitals wont even give out info if he happens to be in one

Old 11-13-2011, 09:18 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,432,613 times
He does not answer his cell phone? try posting this on Facebook as well. Maybe someone can help. Have you tried one of his family members?? Good luck, hope he's ok

Old 11-14-2011, 01:49 PM

233 posts, read 753,474 times
Molly something is quite off here...

If you called your fiancees employer and asked to speak to him and they said "sorry thats private no can do."

That is a big sign that he probably told them he does not want to take your call... At both jobs they told you this????? This is where I am wondering about YOUR story because if he is your fiancee then

have you called his family?
what about his email?
his cell phone?
speak to him at work?
facebook, twitter, foursquare, etc?
where does he live? contact his neighbors or his apartment complex?

call his employer and say "john doe please..they will say sorry john is not in right now or umm..john has not been here for three weeks.."

if they say "sorry that information is private.." maybe you should begin looking for some new wool

and if he is your fiancee but you do not know his family...still maybe you should be looking for some new wool

I am not accusing you of anything I am just pointing out logical steps that I would take if i were in your position...

I.E. if you post up where he works and his name I bet you any number of people could call his employer for you and find out in about 2 seconds if he is coming in to work or not...

I bet even if you called the white house and asked if the president was in today they would tell you...(maybe not but...ya get my point..)

good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-14-2011, 03:57 PM

7 posts, read 9,975 times
thanks everyone,,,is kinda hard being in another country and tryign to figure out what is going on. He only has a daughter and to be honest they had only just been reunited and i only have her name no addy or phone number,,,,quite reasonable really as i dont know her. Ive contacted a neighbour via an email address i found online as i dont actually have the neighbours phone number but i did have his name and profession so looked that up. Ive checked facebook out for the daughter but no one seems to look like the pic i have of her. Ive emailed his work and his home emails several times now to no avail,,,his cell phone is not being answered. I emailed the police dept i think is nearest to him over the weekend...hopefully they can help. Its so awkward when you are in a different country and running a long distance relationship,,,i didnt think ever to ask for exact details of which branch of a certain company he worked for as i assumed there was just one on long island...smiles....apparently there are a lot. He was due to vacation here again at christmas and was really excited and looking forward to his first family christmas in a while. So was I! Thanks again for your well wishes everyone and when i find out whats going on i will pop in and post, but to be honest i cant come here to some of the comments ive had without blubbering like a baby right now.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyT View Post
thanks everyone,,,is kinda hard being in another country and tryign to figure out what is going on. He only has a daughter and to be honest they had only just been reunited and i only have her name no addy or phone number,,,,quite reasonable really as i dont know her. Ive contacted a neighbour via an email address i found online as i dont actually have the neighbours phone number but i did have his name and profession so looked that up. Ive checked facebook out for the daughter but no one seems to look like the pic i have of her. Ive emailed his work and his home emails several times now to no avail,,,his cell phone is not being answered. I emailed the police dept i think is nearest to him over the weekend...hopefully they can help. Its so awkward when you are in a different country and running a long distance relationship,,,i didnt think ever to ask for exact details of which branch of a certain company he worked for as i assumed there was just one on long island...smiles....apparently there are a lot. He was due to vacation here again at christmas and was really excited and looking forward to his first family christmas in a while. So was I! Thanks again for your well wishes everyone and when i find out whats going on i will pop in and post, but to be honest i cant come here to some of the comments ive had without blubbering like a baby right now.
I cannot imagine what you are going through. I am so sorry. But I have to agree he might be giving you the brush off. Hopefully you can get some answers soon.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:45 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,954,383 times
Hey Molly I see that your from the UK but do you know what a Goomah is?

Old 11-14-2011, 05:58 PM

745 posts, read 1,505,124 times
I would say it appears that he is giving you the brush off. Sorry, but there is really no logical explanation for his disappearing act. How are you engaged to this man yet you don't know any of him family member's names, you have no numbers in case of emergency?

Old 11-14-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephM View Post
I would say it appears that he is giving you the brush off. Sorry, but there is really no logical explanation for his disappearing act. How are you engaged to this man yet you don't know any of him family member's names, you have no numbers in case of emergency?
That is odd isn't it.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:15 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyT View Post
Is he a Scot temporarily working in the States, or is he an American you happened to meet while he was either working or on Holiday in the UK?

While I hope there's a reasonable, logical explanation for his absence, his silence seems suspect.

Please keep us posted. I hope you get your answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island