Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 09:40 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,130,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoracer9 View Post
People hunt all over the country are you going to stop them all
Quote:
I Don't care for hunting but i am not agianst it why is long islands goal
to stop everyone elses fun.

....because we love the wildlife and love seeing the wildlife and realize the role that the wildlife plays in life on earth and it's not your right to go out killing it for fun....it's not yours. The life of the animals is not yours to dispose of as you wish just for your entertainment. That's why.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:42 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,998,482 times
Suffolk County deer hunter

Deer beats the S**T out of a hunter!!! Haha - Deer 1 / Hunter 0 - YouTube

Old 12-14-2011, 09:45 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,974,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

....because we love the wildlife and love seeing the wildlife and realize the role that the wildlife plays in life on earth and it's not your right to go out killing it for fun....it's not yours. The life of the animals is not yours to dispose of as you wish just for your entertainment. That's why.

Shooting something for food = hunting, which is fine
Shooting something just to shoot it = murder, which is not

Old 12-14-2011, 09:54 AM
s13

797 posts, read 1,280,588 times
I'm not too big on hunting myself, but in the case of useless-ass deer I can live with it. You won't be so glad you rallied against deer hunting when one of these 200lb sacks of stupidity trots out and obliterates your car.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:26 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
Shooting something for food = hunting, which is fine
Shooting something just to shoot it = murder, which is not

Ah, but what about shooting zombies as they attack your domicile? You're not going to EAT them.....

Old 12-14-2011, 11:31 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,899 times
Quote:

Kumbaya Lord Kumbaya...

Old 12-14-2011, 11:32 AM

1,917 posts, read 5,345,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Must be tough living under that rock when it rains.

The deer population in the US has exploded. Here is an article you might want to read...

No. 8 Story of the Year: Deer population spins out of control | Suffolk Times

dig up the article on the deer herd and BNL. They used FLIR to track the heard, stating that no previous study had been done before.
your link didn't work for me, btw.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:35 PM

734 posts, read 1,636,616 times
I just find it very sad that deer that are fenced in are going to cornered and killed in cold blood. There are few areas on LI where they can live in peace. I lived in Pa for 11 years and back here for 3 now and I never hit a deer. I am careful and aware. Perhaps some drivers on LI should learn the same. People fly all over here with no regard for wildlife or even other drivers. The streets are full of road kill that may have lingered in pain and horror for hours.
I just thought there would be more out cry from the animal lovers on LI about this hunt.
I sure could get into a fierce debate about hunting in general and the DEC but that is not just a local topic and this thread would most likely be closed.
I live pretty close to the Grumman property and this is just plain sad.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:36 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,996,673 times
Quote:

And may i ask were are you when the town bulldozes woods to put up
condos your statement is fair but hunting won"t do anymore damage then what humans have already caused with greed.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:52 PM

734 posts, read 1,636,616 times
Quote:
And may i ask were are you when the town bulldozes woods to put up
condos your statement is fair but hunting won"t do anymore damage then what humans have already caused with greed.
Racer you are 100% right. I have fought the town and developers but you know darn well it is a losing battle. Greed always wins out. It's a sorry state of affairs for LI wildlife from all aspects. It is very saddening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island