Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 05:39 AM

20,936 posts, read 28,432,613 times

Advertisements

Phils Pizza ll is good, I also enjoy All American and Krisch's Ice cream shop. The food and Ice cream are good but the price for the Ice cream is a bit much just for Ice cream. I know it is Homemade. Bagel cafe is another good place. I used to work in Massapequa so I am familiar with some places. They were renovating the Massapequa diner are they finished? I thought that was a very good diner IMO but I have heard from others it's so so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 10:12 AM

398 posts, read 838,143 times
Good post by Pequaman.

What your preferences are would determine your location in Massapequa. Would you be commuting to Manhattan and want to be by the train? If so, than Massapequa Park would be a good choice.

Massapequa park has more of a working class community. Parts of Harbor Green and Biltmore shore are more upper class with mostly Business owners, Lawyers, doctors.

Nassau Shores is a mix of working class with some nice homes along the water. I would choose the Park over nassau shores as it's similiar homes and has the village which is a bonus in my eyes.

If you can swing Harbor Green it's the more affluent section of Massapequa and has beautiful homes close to the water and beach clubs.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:40 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyliguy View Post
Good post by Pequaman.

What your preferences are would determine your location in Massapequa. Would you be commuting to Manhattan and want to be by the train? If so, than Massapequa Park would be a good choice.

Massapequa park has more of a working class community. Parts of Harbor Green and Biltmore shore are more upper class with mostly Business owners, Lawyers, doctors.

Nassau Shores is a mix of working class with some nice homes along the water. I would choose the Park over nassau shores as it's similiar homes and has the village which is a bonus in my eyes.

If you can swing Harbor Green it's the more affluent section of Massapequa and has beautiful homes close to the water and beach clubs.
The OP's budget was something in the $550K range. If they're going with MSD, what's currently the best neighborhood on that budget?

Old 12-15-2011, 12:14 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,772,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
The OP's budget was something in the $550K range. If they're going with MSD, what's currently the best neighborhood on that budget?
Both Massapequa or Massapequa Park you could get a very nice house with that budget (Excluding the waterfront areas of course).

Old 12-15-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Yes all areas are available on that budget. Here are several homes being sold in all areas for $500-$550K there's even a nice home currently pending sale that is on the water. You would have more available homes if you lowered your price to $400-$550

Real Estate Search | Redfin

Old 12-15-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Both Massapequa or Massapequa Park you could get a very nice house with that budget (Excluding the waterfront areas of course).
There are about 20 houses in MSD on the MLSLI between 500-550K It appears that mid/high 400's is entry pricing into the MSD area while it is more top end pricing for Massapequa homes in Plainedge or F'dale schools.

18 Waterview -- Nassau Shores is $549K allegedly mint but doesn't show any interior photos...hmmmm

I would agree with linyguy on Mass Park and the perks of being in the village.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:13 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,747,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Phils Pizza ll is good, I also enjoy All American and Krisch's Ice cream shop. The food and Ice cream are good but the price for the Ice cream is a bit much just for Ice cream. I know it is Homemade. Bagel cafe is another good place. I used to work in Massapequa so I am familiar with some places. They were renovating the Massapequa diner are they finished? I thought that was a very good diner IMO but I have heard from others it's so so.
The diner is almost done. I think it's a very good diner too. It looks like it's pretty much the same layout as before. I don't get why they rebuilt it from the ground up.

Quote:
$550k is a good range in the district, lots of houses to choose from ($300k - $550k). I'd look anywhere in the Park.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post

$550k is a good range in the district, lots of houses to choose from ($300k - $550k). I'd look anywhere in the Park.
I looked up the 300-550K range on mlsli.com and did see a good sized inventory.

Not trying to split hairs since it has been a while for me, but aren't some of the lower priced homes on busier roads?

I found one 'fixer-upper' on a canal for $549 with taxes of $17K...I suppose if I ever migrated back....

Old 12-15-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
I looked up the 300-550K range on mlsli.com and did see a good sized inventory.

Not trying to split hairs since it has been a while for me, but aren't some of the lower priced homes on busier roads?

I found one 'fixer-upper' on a canal for $549 with taxes of $17K...I suppose if I ever migrated back....
I hope my neighborhood descriptions are correct but here is my input on the Busier roads in Massapequa. Some of these roads are not that busy and still bearable blocks to live on. Anything not on these streets your kids can basically play in the streets freely without speeding cars. The village is known for having a stop-sign on every corner so it's not possible to speed. Most of the town is setup with no 'major' roads going through and cutting through the town.

Massapequa Park - park blvd, clark blvd, linden stree, both broadways, roosevelt, lakeshore drive, hicksville road, front street, park lane, Cartwright Blvd

Massapequa (Nassau Shores) - East Shore and West Shore drive, Merrick Road, Unqua Road

Massapequa (Biltmore Shores) - Marrick Road) Park Blvd, Harbor Lane, Whitewood drive

Massapequa (Harbor Green) - Merrick Road, Bay Drive, Biltmore Blvd, Cedar Sgore Drive

Massapequa Shores - Merrick Road, Forest Avenue, Ocean Avenue, Division Avenue, Seaford Avenue

Old 12-15-2011, 04:00 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,688,177 times
Default MLSLI.com

Quote:
There are about 20 houses in MSD on the MLSLI ...
Oftentimes, the MLSLI.com lists a place's location by the community named in that place's mailing address, which is, more often than not, different from the city, village or hamlet where that place is actually located. For example, many places with a "Massapequa, NY 11758" mailing address are in East Massapequa.

You can find out in which community (city, village or CDP) a place is actually located, which is oftentimes different from the community named in that place's mailing address, by using the Census Bureau's online address search function. (CDP or Census Designated Place is the Census Bureau equivalent for a hamlet in Nassau and Suffolk Counties.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island