Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2012, 01:41 PM

629 posts, read 962,534 times

Advertisements

They have four stores on Long Island, but the reviews online are mostly negative, though not too many overall. I'm willing to go with the assumption that carpet stores in general don't necessarily get many good reviews posted online even if they're doing a great job, so I figure I'd see if anyone here has personal experiences with them.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 01:45 PM

1,726 posts, read 4,036,570 times
Went to the one in Centereach about two months ago. NEVER AGAIN. The guy working there (I would normally say "who helped us" but he didn't) was beyond rude and hardly acknowledged our presence in the store. We walked out minutes later.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:34 PM

456 posts, read 1,428,344 times
Not the best experience here, either. First time they showed, they didn't bring enough carpet despite the fact that they did all the measuring. They were going to leave half a carpet down, and it was a mess. Oh, and they completely didn't have the carpet for another room. When they came back, not only did they damage some of my recently painted walls, but left BLOOD STAINS on some of the walls as well! Yeah, blood stains. Like someone knicked their hand or something. And not just in one spot, but in different areas/walls. But they do have a big selection.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:05 PM

1 posts, read 7,907 times
Default Carpet Depot Levittown Horrible

Terrible service. Typical salesman that promise the world and than overcharge you and give you bad service. They require carpet paid in full before its installed. Once they had their money they left us waiting at home all day while they never showed up. They will tell you no refunds and will charge you $75 if you change the installation day yet if they don't show up its because " they were busy".

Go to Kelley's Flooring in Seaford. They're less expensive and you get trustworthy reliable people.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:46 AM

5,511 posts, read 7,105,557 times
I used the one in Lake Grove that used to be next to Penneys they since moved across the street. Although I only bought area rugs and had them bind the edges. I was very pleased with their service and I purchased from them on 4 different occasions. When it's time to get new area rugs I will definitly go back to them.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:17 AM

414 posts, read 808,543 times
I remember years ago looking for flooring and went into the one by the Smithaven Mall, they really were no help at all. Not sure where you are located, but we ended up getting laminate flooring for an entire downstairs in my house, and we used Dan's Carpet Warehouse in Coram. Good price, and the workers were great. They did a great job and finished it faster than we were told. This was about 10 years ago so things could have changed.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:18 AM

414 posts, read 808,543 times
Wow just noticed how old this thread was before the recent replies!

Old 08-14-2016, 01:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,853 times
lake Grove are a bunch of liars and cheaters. I am calling 7 on my side by day's end if they do not fix what they did. NEVER USE THEM, EVER!! Do not ever speak to Joe or James in the lake grove store! They take your money, promise to do this and that. When they show up for install, they could not finish the job and wanted additional monies!!! The worst carpet company I ever had to deal with. EMPIRE was so nice many years ago!

This company are like the Tin men back in the 60's when siding your home! The are the Carpet Tin Mem of the 60's then lie about it what was promised. Make sure you have everything in writing because they are a bunch of liers!!!! NEGATIVE, RUDE and all they want is your money!!!!

Old 08-14-2016, 05:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,839 times
Went to Carpet Depot for some Carpet. Met some sales guy named Rocco who tried to sell me some cheap Polyester carpet for $36 bucks a yard. Couldn't believe it. Got much better quotes from Carpet Cow and Class carpet. Went with Carpet Cow because they seemed more trustworthy. They were good.

Old 08-14-2016, 05:19 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,411,051 times
Every time I see their commercial on TV I think to myself this guy looks like dough bag. LOL. I wouldn't buy from them just because of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island