Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 08:57 AM

20,928 posts, read 28,403,121 times

Advertisements

I was talking with an Employee at stop and shop about Waldbaum's locations closing and she said she heard that the Waldbaum's on Sunrise Hwy in Oakdale might become an Uncle Giuseppe's. Has anyone else heard this??? I love that place bit it is expensive and the closest one to me is smith Town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 09:27 AM

1,441 posts, read 2,752,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I was talking with an Employee at stop and shop about Waldbaum's locations closing and she said she heard that the Waldbaum's on Sunrise Hwy in Oakdale might become an Uncle Giuseppe's. Has anyone else heard this??? I love that place bit it is expensive and the closest one to me is smith Town.
Didn't hear anything on the Oakdale one...but I do stop there sometimes on my way home.

..a lot of Waldbaums have been closing/turning into something else across the Island for the past few years.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:41 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,744,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I haven't heard about about an Oakdale location opening... You get what you pay for though with Uncle G's. Great food. Although I will admit some of their deli food is obscenely priced. It's tough to walk out of there without dropping some big bucks.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
I haven't heard about about an Oakdale location opening... You get what you pay for though with Uncle G's. Great food. Although I will admit some of their deli food is obscenely priced. It's tough to walk out of there without dropping some big bucks.
True...and the poor, low class people of Oakdale couldn't possibly afford their prices

Old 03-02-2012, 10:41 AM

886 posts, read 2,646,380 times
The one in Oakdale is remaining open but the one on Montauk Hwy in East Islip is closing for good Sunday. I hope that doesn't become Uncle G's because I live down the street. Then again...I could just buy 40" waist pants....and then 42"...44"....46"

Old 03-02-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue53 View Post
The one in Oakdale is remaining open but the one on Montauk Hwy in East Islip is closing for good Sunday. I hope that doesn't become Uncle G's because I live down the street. Then again...I could just buy 40" waist pants....and then 42"...44"....46"

Really? the one in Shirley turned into a stop n shop years ago.

Guess they are all going to eventually close...

Old 03-02-2012, 10:50 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,744,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
True...and the poor, low class people of Oakdale couldn't possibly afford their prices
Not saying anything about affordability, but even wealthy people don't like being gouged.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Not saying anything about affordability, but even wealthy people don't like being gouged.
Did you really just take me seriously on that post? come on Pequa - think back a month or 2.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:53 AM

732 posts, read 1,734,672 times
The East Patchogue one closed about 3 years ago and is now becoming a Best Market. No, I didn't forget the "Yet." Supposedly, they're changing the name for the new stores they open. (It's in one of the recent Long Island Advances.)

If I were Uncle G's, I'd wait until one of the Patchogue A&P-controlled stores tank (probably the Waldbaums) and then grab that. Oakdale and EI are such small stores.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoleModel View Post
The East Patchogue one closed about 3 years ago and is now becoming a Best Market. No, I didn't forget the "Yet." Supposedly, they're changing the name for the new stores they open. (It's in one of the recent Long Island Advances.)

If I were Uncle G's, I'd wait until one of the Patchogue A&P-controlled stores tank (probably the Waldbaums) and then grab that. Oakdale is so small and not exactly at a busy exit.
The Locust Avenue exit has constant truck traffic from the Micky D's and 711 right there.

and what about the other Waldbaums in Patchogue at Waverly & Sunrise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island