Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 07:04 AM

247 posts, read 483,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
settle down Matlock. You're not on the jury, nor will you be. You want the guy to be innocent since the guy did a favor for you. Unfortunately, you know as much about this case as anyone on this board...which is exactly zero.
I want to believe the guy is innocent because he's a genuinely good guy. He not only did a favor for me, but for countless individuals in the Town of Hempstead. And because Kate Murray hasn't provided one shred of evidence to back up her allegations. Innocent till proven guilty. I don't believe everything I hear, especially from Kate Murray's mouth.

He treats his job as it should be - a civil servant. I believe Kate Murray doesn't have an ounce of integrity and runs a clown posse. She's rail-roading him. This may not be a criminal court case and I may never be on the jury, but with no concrete proof other than heresay, she's "calling" for his resignation.

I have idea, Kate, how about you do all of us who reside in the Town of Hempstad a favor and you resign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 07:34 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,998,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaEps View Post
I want to believe the guy is innocent because he's a genuinely good guy. He not only did a favor for me, but for countless individuals in the Town of Hempstead. And because Kate Murray hasn't provided one shred of evidence to back up her allegations. Innocent till proven guilty. I don't believe everything I hear, especially from Kate Murray's mouth.

He treats his job as it should be - a civil servant. I believe Kate Murray doesn't have an ounce of integrity and runs a clown posse. She's rail-roading him. This may not be a criminal court case and I may never be on the jury, but with no concrete proof other than heresay, she's "calling" for his resignation.

I have idea, Kate, how about you do all of us who reside in the Town of Hempstad a favor and you resign.
You need to be more informed. The prosectution is being led by the DA's office. Rice is a dem. Dem Rice and Repub Kate in agreement?!?! No bigger sign of Bonilla's guilt than these two political opportunists agreeing! Seems like your "genuinely good guy" isn't so good with female employees whose pants he wants to get into. Also, elected officials aren't supposed to be doing "favors for countless individuals." They are supposed to do their job, period.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:18 AM

3,525 posts, read 5,705,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose65 View Post
You need to be more informed. The prosectution is being led by the DA's office. Rice is a dem. Dem Rice and Repub Kate in agreement?!?! No bigger sign of Bonilla's guilt than these two political opportunists agreeing! Seems like your "genuinely good guy" isn't so good with female employees whose pants he wants to get into. Also, elected officials aren't supposed to be doing "favors for countless individuals." They are supposed to do their job, period.
Point being is that he is still innocent until proven guilty in A COURT OF LAW. This is still America. While I believe he may be guilty of the charges against him, he is still allowed due process. To punish him prematurely without due process is a constitutional problem. Kate Murray is not a COURT OF LAW. While I am Republican, her being in the same party is an embarassment

Old 09-27-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
Point being is that he is still innocent until proven guilty in A COURT OF LAW. This is still America. While I believe he may be guilty of the charges against him, he is still allowed due process. To punish him prematurely without due process is a constitutional problem. Kate Murray is not a COURT OF LAW. While I am Republican, her being in the same party is an embarassment
Respectfully, I do not think the court of law has to do with the workplace issue. He is not being sued by the women. He is accused of harrassing his subordinates. Right or wrong, in the real world, they would have shown him the door already (at least suspended or moved him). If he's found innocent he'd be exonerated and get his job back w/ back pay. If guilty, he'd get sued in civil court by the accusers. If the company did nothing about the accusations, they would be culpable in the lawsuit. Then again, Hempstead Town Hall (or any govt entity) could never be confused for the real world.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Respectfully, I do not think the court of law has to do with the workplace issue. He is not being sued by the women. He is accused of harrassing his subordinates. Right or wrong, in the real world, they would have shown him the door already (at least suspended or moved him). If he's found innocent he'd be exonerated and get his job back w/ back pay. If guilty, he'd get sued in civil court by the accusers. If the company did nothing about the accusations, they would be culpable in the lawsuit. Then again, Hempstead Town Hall (or any govt entity) could never be confused for the real world.
Even for a workplace issue it needs to be properly investigated else they would end up on the wrong end of a law suit.

Being that in this case, Bonilla is a publically ELECTED official by the voters, other elected officials can't just replace him at will. Else this would be happening all over with mayors throwing out opposite party members in the city councils because they drum up some charge. Elected officials either need to be convicted in court of a felony or wait for the next election (in NY). If you are in other states, you have the idea of a recall election (i.e. California), but that doesnt apply here.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:36 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaEps View Post
I'm surprised there isn't a thread about the recent allegations against the Hempstead Town Clerk who resides in Bellmore.

Thoughts?
Feelings?
Opinions?

Personally, I've known Mark for a little while. He took time out of his personal schedule on the weekend to come into the office and execute a marriage license for my wife and I. I have nothing but good things to say about him. He's hard-working, a loving husband, devoted father, and dedicated to community. I'm shocked at the allegations and I'm hoping that he gets his chance to prove his innocence.
There is a school of thought that women are unstable to lead because they are "ruled by their hormones." (We can't have a female president, what if it is that time of the month and she hits the nuclear war button! )

Yet, time and time again, it is our male leaders whose hormones get the best of them to the point where they act so foolishly that they ruin their careers.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
Even for a workplace issue it needs to be properly investigated else they would end up on the wrong end of a law suit.

Being that in this case, Bonilla is a publically ELECTED official by the voters, other elected officials can't just replace him at will. Else this would be happening all over with mayors throwing out opposite party members in the city councils because they drum up some charge. Elected officials either need to be convicted in court of a felony or wait for the next election (in NY). If you are in other states, you have the idea of a recall election (i.e. California), but that doesnt apply here.
No argument at all. Seriously though, how often do you see a bi-partisan effort to get someone out (including his running-mates) without some pretty strong evidence of wrong doing? He's innocent until someone proves otherwise but it appears he really stepped in the doo doo.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
No argument at all. Seriously though, how often do you see a bi-partisan effort to get someone out (including his running-mates) without some pretty strong evidence of wrong doing? He's innocent until someone proves otherwise but it appears he really stepped in the doo doo.

I'm not saying he isnt guilty, he probably is. The thought of others replacing him because they think can is the issue without following the law and due process is scary. Queen Kate doesnt control all of TOH.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:36 PM

20,050 posts, read 20,861,844 times
All politicians are guilty of some level of wrong-doing. Fact. Most are just real good at not getting caught.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:47 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Default The latest ...

Heritage event boycott called over Bonilla case
Search Result item

Quote:
A group of Latino organizations has called for residents to boycott Hempstead Town's annual Hispanic Heritage Month celebration Wednesday as a show of support for Town Clerk Mark Bonilla, who faces calls for his resignation in the wake of criminal charges.
I wonder why they're boycotting? LOL. Could they be ***gulp*** pro-hispanic bigots?

If his name was Mark Schwartz would they be protesting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island