Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 05:57 PM

195 posts, read 310,483 times

Advertisements

What is this all about?
I saw a verizon phone truck painting the street in front of my house but i came home to find my lawn painted orange and orange flags on my lawn by the underground electric box.
I picked up all the flags and put them by the garbage. Screw em...they should have asked first. Are they marking me for a sales call?
Should I have not touched them? What if I was having lawn mowed tomorrow???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 05:58 PM

192 posts, read 298,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiana515 View Post
What is this all about?
I saw a verizon phone truck painting the street in front of my house but i came home to find my lawn painted orange and orange flags on my lawn by the underground electric box.
I picked up all the flags and put them by the garbage. Screw em...they should have asked first. Are they marking me for a sales call?
Do you have Verizon?

Old 10-18-2012, 06:02 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,775,030 times
Sounds like someone marked the utility for digging - which really makes no sense if it's on your property.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:08 PM

46 posts, read 108,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiana515 View Post
What is this all about?
Are you in an area with telephone poles or are all cables underground? If the latter, then they may have identified an issue with the connection underground on your property.

I personally would have left the flags and called Verizon to have them explain to me what was going on.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:33 PM

4,676 posts, read 9,988,031 times
Sounds more like a utility easement. Check your survey.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:42 PM

195 posts, read 310,483 times
it does say easement on ym survey again.. i don't know..i guess i'll call verizon..i don't have them but there is a phone connection from the prior owner and i have all cables underground

Old 10-18-2012, 07:39 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,099,795 times
Are you in an area that is currently not served by FIOS? Could the be bringing that service into the neighborhood and you have the easement?

Old 10-18-2012, 07:55 PM

15 posts, read 72,471 times
there must be some type of digging thats about to take place. anytime digging is about to take place, by law the company doing the digging must notify 811 before they dig. those orange flags are by you phone/cable box, not your electric box. if it was an electric box then it would be flagged with red flags.

if the phone/cable box is right by the curb of the street, they can spray paint/mark it, as technically it may not be your property(your property line may start 4 feet from the curb). some work may be taking place in that box. if the flags were running up your property toward your house, i would not of removed them. its to tell whoever is goint to do the digging/work were the phone/cable line is. if whoever is going to be doing the work and hits the lines that were supposed to be marked out you may be held responable if they find out you removed them.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:09 PM

1,919 posts, read 7,107,193 times
Are you sure it's actually YOUR Property? B/c the town often owns the first few feet of what you believe to be YOUR lawn or property. I would definitely not have removed them and I would alert them you removed them by "accident".

Old 10-19-2012, 04:25 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,806,645 times
lipa, gas, cable of verizon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island