Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 07:46 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,237,375 times

Advertisements

you mentioned the n15 Long Beach departed one minute early ??
I always thought this was not allowed to happen (due to the fact that someone could be on time and miss the bus because it left early).
BTW where is Hot Wing ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 08:23 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,853,319 times
That was a nice read yuki , haha....funny , interesting...

Old 11-29-2012, 05:59 PM

94 posts, read 131,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
I refuse to read past this point until you elaborate further on the cheese pastry in question...

What kind of packaging did it come in? Was it hostess or drakes brand? 7-11 brand?

Was it a cheese danish? Strudel?

Did it look like this:

Or like this?
I don't know what the thing in $2.00 package or $1.75 package that most deli stores in Nassau has it but I only remember it had cheese in some kind mini size like snack size, but it is part of bakerly I think.

Also after Hurricane Sandy, all the people who lost anything might have to depend on NICE Bus because normally they used LIRR or drive.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:03 PM

94 posts, read 131,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimeliguy View Post
you mentioned the n15 Long Beach departed one minute early ??
I always thought this was not allowed to happen (due to the fact that someone could be on time and miss the bus because it left early).
BTW where is Hot Wing ?
Hot Wing was on Conklin St near Farmingdale Station.

Rude and nasty female driver on 15:15 n70 Melville #1786 almost refused to let me on even thought I paid my fare with 30-Day MetroCard and she forced me to paid $2.25 out of Pay-Per-Ride MetroCard and she also left 4 minutes early well as male driver on 8:45 n20l Limited Hicksville left 4 minutes early as well.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:40 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,066,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
Now this.
Boy, 6, Killed After Bus Crashes Into His House on Long Island | NBC New York

This is what happens when you have a private company come in and say they can provide a similar level of service for less. The MTA knew it couldn't be done. The new company has cut labor and maintanance to the bone, so you're left with buses breaking down constantly, inexperienced drivers who run late, get lost, or drive unsafely. While the accident could've been caused by a number of factors, including a reckless pedestrian or the weather, one cannot be suprised if an overworked driver or poorly maintained bus that had difficulty controlling were factors too. My condolences go out to the family of the child as well as the driver, who will have to live with this for the rest of his life, and on his record.
Many drivers are quitting, and like you saw, many leaving right on the job. Hopefully the State will come in and force Nassau's hand in returning to the MTA. If I was the Governor, I'd have had Mangano and the County Leg. thrown in jail for nonpayment of MTA service. If they cant properly fund and safely run a bus system they are incapable of serving office!
The driver in the accident has driven busses for 10 years. Wouldnt call that inexperienced. I read they are thinking of charging the pedestrian in this unfortunate accident.

You will look for any excuse for the County to run your precious little-used bus system.

May I suggest you buy a car.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:24 PM

332 posts, read 613,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unctorious View Post
Good enough to leave a 52 cent tip, for whatever that's worth.

What knot needed untying?

What was your speech about?
a 52 cent tip? Seriously? good luck in not getting a big loogie in your lunch next time you are there.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
The driver in the accident has driven busses for 10 years. Wouldnt call that inexperienced. I read they are thinking of charging the pedestrian in this unfortunate accident.

You will look for any excuse for the County to run your precious little-used bus system.

May I suggest you buy a car.
It is possible that poor maintenance on the bus ie bad breaks could have contributed, but I haven't followed up on the story to know either way.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:18 PM

573 posts, read 1,242,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbat hunter View Post
a 52 cent tip? Seriously? good luck in not getting a big loogie in your lunch next time you are there.
Are you replying to me or the OP?

Old 11-30-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unctorious View Post
Are you replying to me or the OP?
The OP.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:51 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,785,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbat hunter View Post
It is possible that poor maintenance on the bus ie bad breaks could have contributed, but I haven't followed up on the story to know either way.
It was a drunk jaywalker that caused this accident. The bus driver had a clean driving record for 16 years. He was not at fault. This was a tragic accident where most, if not all, of the blame should rest on that jaywalker who walked straight onto the bus' path.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island