Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 01:45 PM

44 posts, read 100,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
News 12 Long Island is a regional 24-hour cable news television channel reaching more than 800,000 television homes on Long Island, New York. The channel is the flagship of the News 12 Networks, which is touted by owner Cablevision as the "first, largest and most watched regional news network" in the nation.
News 12 Westchester, based in Yonkers in the South Westchester Executive Park at 6 Executive Plaza, reaches more than 280,000 homes through the Cablevision, Time Warner Cable of Mt. Vernon (channel 20), and Comcast of Putnum (channel 112) cable systems. On December 20th, 2010, News 12 premiered a new logo, infobar, graphics (including new news intro), and music. On Wednesday, October 5, 2011, News 12 Westchester along with Hudson Valley became the third and fourth of the News 12 Networks (behind NJ and LI) to switch to high definition.
***News 12 launched on Long Island in 1986, and today the network of 7 individual local 24-hour news channels remains a cable-exclusive in the New York tri-state area; serving New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley (Rockland and Orange Counties), the Bronx, Brooklyn, and Long Island. News 12 Networks also includes five traffic and weather channels, providing constantly updated information in those two key subject areas, throughout the same coverage footprint. In addition to the 12 cable channels, News 12 also features the award winning news12.com, the premiere destination for local news on the web; and News 12 Interactive, channel 612 on iO TV, providing local news on-demand to Cablevision subscribers. News 12 Networks is owned and operated by Cablevision Systems Corporation.

*** I didn't find the coverage map of Westchester so I can't confirm the percentage but it OBVIOUSLY doesn't have the same number of subscribers. 800,000+ is a little more than 280,000+. It also states that it started in Long Island, NOT LI and Westchester. Also Cablevision is NOT the only cable company in Westchester but there are agreements worked out between the other cable companies for access through comcast and time warner as well as stated above.

My mistake was just skimming your thread. Your mistake is giving inaccurate facts;and you call me dumb? Next time be VERY careful of your comments. The life you save, may be your own.

Population of Long Island is 7.5 million people. Population of Westchester is 950,000. Even IF News 12 started in Long Island alone, it doesn't make it a soley Long Island operation. And FACT is Cablevision dominates Westchester county the same way it dominates Long Island. Westchester has some other options like Fios and Satellite but many people just like in Long Island do not have them. It's hit or miss. In Westchester when one turns on News 12, they get news SOLELY based on Westchester just like if you are in Long Island you get news SOLEY based on Long Island. This is what you are failing to comprehend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 03:05 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,810,813 times
News 12 was created by cablevision thus they dont have to have it on fios and cant be sued. Besides....i thought fios 1 was so great? But thats a good one. It made me laugh.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeymaster View Post
Lancet failed geography since News 12 covers Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, and parts of Connecticut and Jersey. This isn't any other region in America. This is the most populus in the entire nation.
Your leaving out brooklyn and quite possibly queens.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:15 PM

Fios 1 is a joke. With the recent murder in amityville, fios was reporting a child was injured. Meanwhile there was a new 12 van outside the whole time stating a child was murdered. Why was fios so ignorant?

Old 01-20-2013, 03:40 PM
s13

797 posts, read 1,281,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post
Fios 1 is a joke. With the recent murder in amityville, fios was reporting a child was injured. Meanwhile there was a new 12 van outside the whole time stating a child was murdered. Why was fios so ignorant?
The FIOS crew was busy covering a burglary at the Ready-Cut factory.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 View Post
The FIOS crew was busy covering a burglary at the Ready-Cut factory.
figures.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
News 12 was created by cablevision thus they dont have to have it on fios and cant be sued. Besides....i thought fios 1 was so great? But thats a good one. It made me laugh.

MSG channel was created by Cablevision yet they let TWC, Comcast, Fios, and Dish broadcast it. They also allow News 12 depending on the area to be broadcasted by the above except Fios and Dish.
There is no difference. If you allow one, then you should allow the other.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Your leaving out brooklyn and quite possibly queens.

News 12 does not service Queens. Cablevision has no operations in Queens. TWC dominates that area. TWC dominates Brooklyn and Bronx, however there are small pockets where Cablevision is present in Bronx and Brooklyn and there is a News 12 for them. Even the TWC in Bronx and Brooklyn carry News 12 on channel 156.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeymaster View Post
MSG channel was created by Cablevision yet they let TWC, Comcast, Fios, and Dish broadcast it. They also allow News 12 depending on the area to be broadcasted by the above except Fios and Dish.
There is no difference. If you allow one, then you should allow the other.
I thought the msg channel was created by msg and when cablevision bought msg it then became a property of cv. I dont think fios had a chance in the bidding.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
I thought the msg channel was created by msg and when cablevision bought msg it then became a property of cv. I dont think fios had a chance in the bidding.

MSG was created by MSG. Even though the trash Dolans bought it, they still allow other cable companies to broadcast Knicks and Ranger ganes in this part of the country the same way they allow some but not all to show News 12.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island